BRIDGEPORT -- Through the addition of a new office in Meadville, Pa., expansion of its Columbus, Ohio, office and significant additions to its already large team working in the Marcellus shale, Steptoe & Johnson has expanded its presence in the West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio and Pennsylvania region to more than 200 attorneys.
Surpassing the 200-mark, Steptoe & Johnson has enlarged its regional presence in Kentucky, Ohio and Pennsylvania to provide a greater spectrum of services to clients in more than 30 areas of practice.
"The decision to expand our law firm reflects our dedication to providing exceptional client service and value in our region," CEO Susan S. Brewer said. "We have expanded by attracting experienced lawyers who are among the most respected in their practices, and this is important to our clients as we help them achieve their goals in challenging economic times," she said.
Here's a quick look at the firm:
* Nine offices in West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky and Pennsylvania
* A tenth office will be opened in Southpointe, near Pittsburgh, Pa., in 2010
* Two Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers
* AV peer-review rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest ranking given
* 76 lawyers recognized in The Best Lawyers in America
* Nine attorneys titled "Lawyers of the Year" by The Best Lawyers in America®
* 21 attorneys ranked Leaders in Their Field by Chambers USA
* Five practices (Corporate/Commercial, Litigation/General Commercial, Real Estate, Natural Resources and Labor & Employment) top-ranked by Chambers USA
* Law360 Litigation Almanac ranked Steptoe & Johnson 5th in the nation among full-service firms with the highest concentration of employment lawyers
* Three attorneys have served as General Counsels to former governors of West Virginia
* Exclusive West Virginia member of TerraLex legal referral network, providing clients with access to legal resources from trusted lawyers in 100 countries worldwide
* 2007, 2008 and 2009 Law Firm Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Representation of West Virginians