Nicholas A. Haught and Lindsey A. Stoehr vs. Edward N. Smith III
PA- Jonathan E. Turak; J- Wilson
* Stoehr was traveling as a passenger with Haught as he drove west on Interstate 470, on Jan. 27, 2009. They were struck from behind causing them both to suffer personal injuries for which judgment is sought.
Case number: 10-C-377
Charles R. Yost, Carrie Yost, et al. Vs. Alisha Delguzzo and State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
PA- Jeremy M. McGraw; J- Recht
* Plaintiff provided State Farm with medical bills reflecting over $7,000 as a result of the collision that occurred on Oct. 28, 2007. Compensatory and general damages are requested.
Case number: 10-C-378
Anthony Savage vs. West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources and Theresa Haught
PA- Paul T. Tucker; J- Recht
* On. Oct. 29, 2009, defendant took adverse employment action against the plaintiff when it failed and refused to hire him for the position of Child Protective Service Supervisor because of his race. DHHR's retaliatory conduct was done with the intent to cause plaintiff harm. Compensatory damages are demanded in an amount to be determined by jury.
Case number: 10-C-379
Gary A. Vandyne and Anita L. Vandyne vs. Leroy Allison and Ellen D. Allison
PA- Richard W. Hollandsworth; J- Wilson
* The area above the garage was remodeled by the plaintiffs into a one bedroom apartment with a combined full kitchen, full bath, a dining room, loving room and kitchen area. Defendant's alleged wrongful occupation action sought to exchange 10 months of rent for the $12,347.17 remodeling costs. Monies due on the contract, totaling $9,847.17, are sought along with attorney's fees.
Case number: 10-C-380
Nancy and Jay Bowman vs. Greenwood Cemetery Association
PA- David A. Jividen; J- Mazzone
* On Dec. 24, 2009, Nancy Bowman was visiting the grave of her deceased father. She walked down a set of steps from the office of Park View Memorial Gardens and slipped and fell. She suffered head, neck, shoulder and back injuries due to defendant's negligence to maintain safe conditions.
Case number: 10-C-381
Bayer Heritage Federal Credit Union vs. Betty H. Baird and Matthew Taylor
PA- Logan Hassig; J- Wilson
* On Mar. 7, 2006, the defendant borrowed $22,167.55 with Taylor guarantying payment of the loan. Plaintiff has elected not to proceed against the collateral because it is believed to have no value. Judgment is demanded for the balance owed of $9.251.54.
Case number: 10-C-383
Branch Banking & Trust Company vs. Gregory Kloeppner
PA- Christopher R. Moore; J- Gaughan
* The defendant is currently indebted to the plaintiff in the amount of $23,505.16. This amount plus contractual interest until the date of judgment and fees are sought.
Case number: 10-C-384
Lisa Voellinger vs. Jack McQuain and Grace McQuain
PA- James F. Companion; J- Recht
* Defendants were negligent in failing to maintain the entrance and exit area of the premises where plaintiff slipped and fell, on Nov. 4, 2008. A judgment for her medical bills, lost wages, and suffering is requested.
Case number: 10-C-385
Contractors Supply Corporation vs. Robert Scott Lumber Co.
PA- James F. Companion; J- Recht
* At the time of the material purchase, the defendants presented a check on an account at Main Street Bank in the amount of $2,995 for payment of said materials. Numerous attempts to collect this payment have been unsuccessful. Punitive damages are sought in addition to this check amount.
Case number: 10-C-386