Christina Jeffers and Jeremy Jeffers vs. Assurance Home Inspection LLC
PA-Timothy J. LaFon; J-Stowers
* The plaintiffs had the defendants perform an inspection of their Winfield home in 2008. The report showed no water infiltration or leakage problems. In July 2010, the plaintiffs learned of substantial water problems in the basement and/or crawlspace. They seek compensatory damages for the cost of repairs and other damages.
Case number: 11-C-39
Timothy Bass and Brenda Bass vs. TA Operating LLC dba TravelCenters of America
PA-Michael O. Callaghan; J-Stowers
* The plaintiffs from Wilson, N.C., visited the TravelCenter in Hurricane on Oct. 11, 2010, when Timothy Bass slipped and fell at the soda fountain area on liquids on an uneven floor. They seek damages for past and future medical expenses, past and future lost income, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, annoyance and inconvenience. They also seek punitive damages, interests and court costs.
Case number: 11-C-40
James C. Williams and Marilyn Williams vs. Farmers & Mechanics Fire & Casualty Insurance Inc. aka Farmers & Mechanics Mutual Fire Insurance Company of WV aka Farmers & Mechanics Mutual Insurance Company, and Bruce Hall dba Bruce Hall Restoration and General Contracting
PA-James R. Fox; J-Stowers
* The plaintiffs suffered roof damage to their home in Buffalo on Feb. 11, 2009. A claim for wind and water damage was made to Farmers & Mechanics, which hired Hall to prepare an estimate and repair the damage. They say Farmers & Mechanics refused to cover the entire loss, has failed to pay for the damages and has refused to cover additional damages caused by its delay in covering the repairs and by the poor quality of repairs performed by Hall. They seek joint and several compensatory damages, punitive damages, attorney fees, court costs, pre- and post-judgment interest and other damages.
Case number: 11-C-41
S&S Active Wear LLC vs. Scott Cable, guarantor for Balzout Inc.
PA-Paul S. Atkins; J-Stowers
* The plaintiff says the defendant owes $17,233.18 on a past due account. It seeks that amount, plus interest and costs.
Case number: 11-C-43
Gary D. Young vs. Townsend Specialties Inc. dba Kanawaki of Hurricane and Joel J. Townsend
PA-Eric S. Embree and Travis W. Hoffman; J-Spaulding
* The plaintiff says he was injured while riding an ATV with Townsend in the parking lot of his store. The ATV overturned when Townsend drove it at an extremely excessive rate of speed and after saying, "Let me show you what this thing will do." Young says he suffered injuries that required medical treatment and incurred expenses for such treatment. He also endured pain and suffering, annoyance, aggravation and inconvenience. He says he has lingering effects of injury, loss of future earning capacity, lost wages and possible future medical expenses. He seeks joint and several compensatory and punitive damages. He also seeks pre- and post-judgment interest, attorney fees and costs.
Case number: 11-C-44