Woman blames CSX for husband's lung cancer, death

By Kyla Asbury | Mar 14, 2011

CHARLESTON -- A woman is suing CSX after she claims it is responsible for her husband's lung cancer and death.

Carl Richard Lake was employed by the defendant from 1955 until 1993, according to a complaint filed Feb. 24 in Kanawha Circuit Court.

Alice E. Lake claims during the course of her husband's employment, he was exposed to toxic substances, including asbestos, asbestos dust, asbestos-containing products, diesel exhaust or chemicals that caused him to develop lung cancer.

Mr. Lake was diagnosed with lung cancer on Feb. 25, 2008, and later died from it, according to the suit.

Mrs. Lake claims CSX failed to provide her husband with a reasonably safe place to work.

Mrs. Lake is seeking a jury trial to resolve all issues involved. She is being represented by James A. McKowen and John E. Guerry III.

The case has been assigned to a visiting judge.

Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-318

More News

The Record Network