CHARLESTON -- A former employee is suing Blue Ridge Nursing LLC after he claims he was bitten by a spider.
On March 6, 2009, Russell Clark was attempting to paint a room at the facility when a spider "fell from the ceiling and bit him on his right arm," according to a complaint filed March 7 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Clark claims the defendant failed to provide him with a reasonably safe place to work.
The defendant's deliberate gross disregard for Clark's health and welfare caused him to come into contact with a poisonous spider, according to the suit.
Clark is seeking compensatory damages with pre-judgment interest. He is being represented by Shannon M. Bland.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Carrie Webster.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-384