CHARLESTON -- A Kanawha County woman is suing Dolgencorp, Inc., after she claims she was injured in a Dollar General Store in St. Albans.
On April 30, 2009, Janice Lynn Estep went to Dollar General to get laundry detergent, according to a complaint filed April 29 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Estep claims it had stopped raining at least an hour prior to her entering the Dollar General store, where she was greeted by a store employee.
After taking a few steps into the store, Estep slipped and fell on an extremely slippery section of the floor which had a puddle of liquid on it, according to the suit.
Estep claims there were no signs posted or visible that indicated the floor was wet and the store employee that greeted her upon arrival did not verbally warn her of the existence of the puddle on the floor.
As a result of the defendant's negligence, Estep sustained injuries, according to the suit.
Estep claims the defendant failed to keep its premises safe and free from hazardous conditions.
Estep is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. She is being represented by Scott W. Andrews and Michael C. Alberty.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Jennifer Bailey.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-697