Carol Puffinburger vs. the estate of Earl Lee Stewart, through representative Melvin Canby
PA - Laura Faircloth; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims she suffered multiple injuries, including a shoulder fracture, when she tripped and fell April 26, 2009, on a metal threshold strip that was negligently installed and improperly maintained by Stewart at his residence, before his passing. She claims she has incurred more than $74,000 in medical expenses and is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 11-C-322
The Rector and Visitors of University of Virginia Medical Center vs. Michael Lowell Kiser and Gloria Jean Kiser
PA - Peter Hetzel; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff was awarded $43,536.01, plus at least $3,900 in interest and fees, in a judgment from June 29, 2010, in Albemarle County Circuit Court in Virginia. The foreign judgment against the defendants was filed in Berkeley County.
Case number: 11-C-345
Rhonda L. Brackett vs. Lowe's Home Centers Inc.
PA - Terrance Britt; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims she was injured after she fell into a rut left by the defendant's agents on Feb. 19, 2011, after they drove a delivery truck off the driveway at the back of her residence and created a hidden danger. She claims they failed to exercise reasonable care and were negligent, and she is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 11-C-348
Shannon F. Criswell vs. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co.
PA - Terrance Britt; J - Groh
* The plaintiff, who was severely injured outside a Martinsburg bar when she was knocked to the ground and run over on Feb. 20, 2011, claims the defendant has breached its insurance policy with the plaintiff by failing to pay $25,000 in medical benefits. Criswell is seeking that amount and other relief.
Case number: 11-C-349
Capital Lighting and Supply Co. Inc., d/b/a Capital Tristate, vs. Mountain State Electric Inc., Richard Timberlake and Douglas Lund
PA - Edward Hagan; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendants, who have had a longtime trade account with Capital Tristate, failed to pay for purchases made since March 2010 and now owe at least $96,006.12. The plaintiff is seeking that amount plus other relief.
Case number: 11-C-364