Keith Russell Judd vs. the Secretary of the State of West Virginia
PA- pro se; J- Charles E. King
* The Texas man is petitioning the court for declaratory judgment and preliminary injunction with regards to his placement on West Virginia's 2012 Presidential Primary Election ballot as a Democratic candidate for president of the United States.
Case number: 11-C-774
Emily K. Braxton vs. President Barack H. Obama
PA- pro se; J- Jennifer Bailey
* Braxton claims Obama faked the capture of Osama bin Laden. She is seeking for him to be impeached.
Case number: 11-C-862
Amanda Clay vs. Phillip Majestro, DDS
PA- Douglas Witten, Donald C. Wandling, David Wandling; J- Jennifer Bailey
* On March 25, 2009, Majestro performed a root canal on Clay's tooth and during the procedure a file was separated in the tooth, which Clay claims he failed to attempt to retrieve. Clay developed an abscess as a result of the defendant's negligence and ultimately lost the tooth. She is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-891
Kelly C. Crosier vs. CAMC Health System, Inc. and Becky Oakley
PA- Ramonda C. Lyons; J- Louis H. Bloom
* The Monroe County woman was employed by the defendants for approximately five years as a flight paramedic. She claims her employment was wrongfully terminated on April 26 because she advocated against a health policy she believed was putting profits over patient care. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-895
Brenda Hale vs. USAA Casualty Insurance Company
PA- Keisha D. May; J- Carrie Webster
* In June 2010 there were multiple severe storms in Kanawha County that damaged Hale's residence. On June 19, 2010, Hale claims she discovered the roof of her residence was severely damaged and contacted the defendant. The defendant informed Hale that they did not have an adjuster who could evaluate the damage, but instead she needed to get an estimate on repairs and then submit the estimate to them, according to the suit. Hale claims after three independent contractors reviewed the roof, her claim was partially denied. She claims the claim was wrongfully denied and rejected. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-897
Jennifer Windland vs. John McKay, individually and in his official capacity as the administrator of South Central Regional Jail; the West Virginia Regional Jail Authority; and John Doe
PA- Kerry A. Nessel; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* Windland claims she was injured while she was incarcerated at the South Central Regional Jail. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-905
Vickie Lynn Crawford vs. Douglas E. Pauley, d/b/a Lynnelle Landing Apartments; and Encore Management Company, Inc.
PA- Michael J. Del Giudice; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Crawford claims she rented an apartment from the defendants. On June 30, 2009, Crawford was injured when she went to use stair railing that was loose, which broke and caused her to fall down the stairs. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 11-C-906
James Hamblen and Ellen Hamblen vs. Dawson Land, LLC
PA- Stephen P. Swisher; J- Louis H. Bloom
* The Hamblens leased two units of the Terrace Park East Condominiums in Charleston and resided in the units for approximately 11 years. At the conclusion of the lease, the Hamblens claim they decided to move to Ohio and agreed to sell to the defendant the majority of the contents in the apartment units because they could not easily transport the contents to Ohio with them. The defendant was to pay $3,600 at a rate of $100 per month, but has failed to do so. They also claim they were only reimbursed $725 of the $1,100 security deposit. They are seeking damages in the amount of $3,977.
Case number: 11-C-909
Want to get notified whenever we write about State of West Virginia ?
Sign-up Next time we write about State of West Virginia, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.