Westfield Insurance Company, as subrogee of Savage Heavy Highway Corporation vs. Jennifer Vern Storc and Chad Allen Powrozink
PA- Ryan S. Marsteller; J- Hummel
* On Aug. 17, 2009, a vehicle driven by Storc and owned by Powrozink, collided with a Jersey Crash Barrier located on W.Va. 2. As a result, plaintiff is now subrogated to the extent of $6,197.01 and judgment is demanded for this amount.
Case number: 11-C-81
Linda Delbert vs. Ivan F. Gorby, John Doe employees, representatives of Allstate Insurance Company
PA- George N. Sidiropolis; J- Karl
* It is claimed Allstate perpetuated fraud through false statements to the plaintiffs and their attorneys in the discovery process. As a result of this scheme, benefits and evidence that should have been conveyed to countless plaintiffs were withheld. Punitive and general damages are demanded.
Case number: 11-C-82
Shayla M. Vennis vs. Consolidation Coal Company, Marilyn Blake, and Christopher Ross
PA- Rodney T. Berry; Eric M. Gordon; J- Hummel
* On Aug. 17, 2008, on a railroad bed, Vennis was the passenger on an ATV owned by Blake. Ross was operating the ATV on property owned by Consolidation who should have known the subject property was maintained in a negligent manner. Ross crashed into a railroad tie that was sticking up. Serious and permanent injuries incurred, including a fractured skull, crushed eye socket and more. A judgment is demanded in an amount to be ascertained and sufficient to compensate her injuries.
Case number: 11-C-83
Donald Moffitt and Vicki Moffitt vs. M.A.L.L. Enterprises, LLC dba Mr. Green Lube Plus
PA- D. Kevin Coleman; J- xxx
* On Sept. 27, 2010, Mrs. Moffitt paid $25.39 for a routine oil change. The next day a warning light appeared indicating the engine was without oil. The vehicle was towed back to Mr. Green Lube, an oil filter was installed and the engine oil replaced. A short time later the vehicle was towed to Jim Robinson for inspection after hearing noises from the engine. Metal shaving throughout the engine were discovered. The plaintiffs were without the use of their vehicle for six weeks. Judgment is demanded together with interest and costs.
Case number: 11-C-85
Clara Virginia Lohr, as Executrix of the Estate of Edwin O. Lohr vs. Cameron Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, LLC f/k/a Cameron Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Inc.
PA- Michael T. Collis; C. Richard, Wilson; J- Karl
* From March 25, 2009, to Sept. 27, 2009, Edwin Lohr was a resident of the long care facility located in Cameron. Defendants were bound to exercise a degree of care, skill and diligence in proportion to his known physical and mental ailments. As a result of stated breaches, Lohr suffered bodily injury and ultimately death.
Case number: 11-C-86
Bayer Heritage Federal Credit Union vs. Frank C. Taylor
PA- Logan Hassig; J- Hummel
* As of May 19, 2011, there is a balance due and owing under a Promissory Note in the amount of $10,817.05. Judgment is demanded.
Case number: 11-C-87
Bayer Heritage Federal Credit Union vs. John S. Gregory
PA- Logan Hassig; J- Karl
* Defendant defaulted under a Promissory Note. The motor vehicle held as security was repossessed and sold at public auction. Demand is made for the remaining amount of $6,043.73.
Case number: 11-C-88
Ronald Galentine Cansina Galentine vs. J.F. Allen Company and John Doe Company
PA- Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Hummel
* Defendant was hired through the State of West Virginia to perform construction related work on W.Va. 2. The removal of soil expanded near the plaintiff's property. Due to the negligence of defendants, said land is instable and slippage of mud and flooding continues to worsen. Costs to repair property damage, along with compensatory and punitive damages are sought.
Case number: 11-C-91
Want to get notified whenever we write about
State of West Virginia
Next time we write about
State of West Virginia,
we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.
Sign-up for Alerts
Organizations in this Story
State of West Virginia