HUNTINGTON -- Huddleston Bolen has announced that 13 of the firm's lawyers were recognized in the 2011 Edition of West Virginia Super Lawyers.
More than one-third of the firm's West Virginia lawyers were named either West Virginia Super Lawyers or West Virginia Rising Stars this year.
Lawyers from a variety of practice areas were called out, including energy and natural resources, business litigation, defense of class actions and mass torts, civil litigation, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, business and corporate law, estate planning, and transportation law.
Eight of the firm's lawyers were recognized by the publication as Super Lawyers.
* Fred Adkins was recognized in the area of transportation law.
* Dick Bolen and Tom Gilpin were recognized for their work in energy and natural resources.
* J.H. Mahaney was named a Super Lawyer in the area of business litigation.
* Tom Murray was recognized in mergers and acquisitions.
* Chris Plybon was named a Super Lawyer in real estate law.
* Scott Sheets was recognized in the area of employment and labor law.
* Bruce Stout was recognized in estate planning and probate. Stout was also recognized as one of the "Top Ten" lawyers in the state.
Five of the firm's lawyers were recognized by the publication as Rising Stars.
* David Bolen and Todd Meadows were recognized in the area of civil litigation defense.
* Ashley French was named a Rising Star in the area of insurance coverage.
* Cindy McCarty was recognized for her work in class action and mass tort litigation.
* Audy Perry was named a Rising Star in the area of Estate Planning.
"We are obviously pleased to have received this recognition by our peers. That more than 30 percent of our lawyers were named to the list this year is a testament to the dedication everyone in the firm has to exceeding the expectations of our clients," said Tom Gilpin, Chair of the firm's Management Committee.
Huddleston Bolen is a full service law firm representing global corporations, national companies, regional businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals. The firm's attorneys practice in offices located in Huntington and Charleston, West Virginia, and Ashland and Louisville, Kentucky. Founded in 1871, Huddleston Bolen represents clients in areas, including banking and finance, health care, insurance, litigation, labor and employment, natural resources, real estate, and transportation.
For more information, visit www.huddlestonbolen.com.