Suzanne Pozzie vs. Big Sandy Super Stores, Inc. and Kathy L. Judge
PA- Paul K. Reese; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Pozzie was employed by the defendants from July 2005 until March 2, 2010. She claims her employment was terminated because she brought to light some problematic situations regarding transactions that did not comply with store policy. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest and for reinstatement to her former position.
Case number: 11-C-1137
Rebekah Joy Donelow vs. Sears Holdings Corporation
PA- Robert D. Cline Jr., Robert A. Campbell, R. Chad Duffield; J- Carrie Webster
* On Aug. 26, 2009, Donelow was shopping at the defendant's K-Mart store in Beckley when she slipped and fell onto the floor, causing injuries. She claims the floor was slippery and there were not any warnings indicating the condition of the floor. Donelow is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-1138
Jill Miles vs. Hyundai Motor America, Inc. and Joe Holland Chevrolet, Inc.
PA- David L. Grubb, Cameron S. McKinney; J- Carrie Webster
* On Dec. 11, 2009, Miles purchased a vehicle from the defendants. She claims the vehicle was defective and the defendants would not conform it to its warranties. She is seeking for the contract to be declared canceled and compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-1156
Christina Izzo vs. West Virginia Baseball, Julio Cerveras and John Doe
PA- Michael A. Woelfel; J- Carrie Webster
* Izzo was employed by the defendant at Power Park. She claims during her employment she was sexually harassed and sexually abused by Cerveras on multiple occasions. Izzo is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-1157
Brandi N. Aldridge vs. Alfredo C. Velasquez, PLLC and Alfredo C. Velasquez, M.D.
PA- Matthew S. Criswell, Mark L. French; J- Louis H. Bloom
* In July 2010, Aldridge was hired by the defendants as a receptionist. She claims on Dec. 14, 2010, the Velasquez began a course of conduct of sexually harassing her, which continued until she quit her job on June 28. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-1158
Charles W. Davis Jr., administrator of the Estate of Charles W. Davis vs. 3M Company; A.O. Smith Corporation; A.W. Chesterton Company; et al
PA- Victoria L. Antion, Scott A. McGee, Bronwyn I. Rinehart; J- visiting
* The plaintiff claims the 79 defendants are responsible for his father's lung cancer and death. He is seeking a jury trial to resolve all issued involved.
Case number: 11-C-1162
Donald Metheny and Betty Lee Metheny vs. 3M Company; 4520 Corporation, Inc.; A.O. Smith Corporation; et al
PA- Victoria L. Antion; J- visiting
* The couple claims the 88 defendants are responsible for Mr. Metheny's mesothelioma. They are seeking a jury trial to resolve all issued involved.
Case number: 11-C-1163
Leland Brown, administrator of the Estate of Elwanda Lucille Brown vs. Ahmad Bali, M.D. and Saima Khan, M.D.
PA- Tony L. O'Dell, Cheryl A. Fisher; J- Charles E. King
* Bali diagnosed Mrs. Brown as suffering from a hiatal hernia and on March 11, 2010, she underwent a laparoscopic hiatal hernia repair with laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication surgery performed by Bali. During the procedure, Mr. Brown claims Bali failed to use proper surgical technique, which resulted in the failure of the hiatal hernia being repaired. Mr. Brown claims Bali's negligence led to Mrs. Brown's death on Dec. 2, 2010. On Nov. 29, 2010, Mrs. Brown presented to Thomas Memorial Hospital, where Khan was on call for Bali. Mr. Brown claims Khan failed to recognize Mrs. Brown was suffering from a large hiatal hernia that needed surgical intervention, which led to her death. Mr. Brown is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 11-C-1164
Kelli Simmons Hagerman vs. West Virginia Baseball, Julio Cerveras and John Doe
PA- Michael A. Woelfel; J- Carrie Webster
* Hagerman was employed by the defendant at Power Park. She claims during her employment she was sexually harassed and abused by Cerveras on multiple occasions. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-1176
Jordan Eskridge vs. Pacific Cycle, Inc.; RL&F Service Corp.; Kun Teng Industry Co., Ltd.; and Wal-mart Stores, Inc.
PA- Marvin W. Masters, Christopher L. Brinkley; J- Charles E. King
* On April 20, 2002, a Mongoose XR100 bicycle with Quando quick-release front hubs was purchased from the Wal-mart store in Beckley. On Sept. 20, 2005, Eskridge was riding the bicycle and went over a speed bump when the bicycle's front wheel separated from the front forks, causing injuries, including a laceration of the liver, a concussion, facial abrasions and lacerations, a mild traumatic brain injury, chest trauma, pleural effusion, pneumonia, mucous plug, a biloma in the liver fracture site and residual scarring. Eskridge, who was a minor at the time of the incident, claims the bicycle was defective. He is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-1178