Sherman Saulton and Linda Saulton vs. Steak 'n Shake and John Doe Corp.
PA- D. Adrian Hoosier II; J- David M. Pancake
* In September 2010, Mr. Saulton was a patron at the Steak 'n Shake restaurant in Barboursville when he slipped on a broom left on the floor and was injured. The Saultons are seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-620
Elizabeth Brady vs. Wexford Health Sources, Inc.; John Pellegrini, D.O.; and John Doe, unknown person or persons
PA- Michael A. Woelfel; J- David M. Pancake
* Brady claims she received medical treatment from Pellegrini while in the legal custody of the West Virginia Division of Corrections. She claims she was a victim of sexual misconduct by Pellegrini. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-621
William C. Layne vs. Richard E. Reese and United Services Automobile Association
PA- Marvin W. Masters, Charles M. Love IV; J- David M. Pancake
* On May 6, 2010, Layne was a guest at a social gathering at the home of Reese. While attempting to clear the chamber of his pistol, Reese negligently discharged the pistol toward the ground and the discharged bullet struck Layne's left foot. Layne claims United Services Automobile Association is Reese's insurance company. Layne is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-634
Nicole Enix vs. St. Mary's Medical Center, Inc.
PA- Paul E. Biser; J- David M. Pancake
* On Sept. 11, 2009, Enix was at the hospital visiting another patient when she slipped in a wet substance near the hospital's exit and was injured. She is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-643
Donnie Roberts vs. S&S Construction & Electric, Inc. and Gary Stanley
PA- Paul E. Biser; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Roberts was employed by the defendant. On April 26 he was directed by Stanley to utilize a circular saw to rip trim board to fit around a screen door. While doing so, Roberts cut his hand. He is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 11-C-644