Lazetta Dzurilla, as administratrix of the Estate of Maria Louise Buckrem vs. Health Care and Retirement Corporation of America, LLC d/b/a Heartland of Charleston; Manor Care, Inc.; HCR Manorcare, Inc.; HCP West Virginia Properties, LLC f/k/a HCR Manorcare West Virginia Properties, LLC; Heartland Employment Services, LLC; and Joseph Donchatz
PA- Damon Ellis, Jonathan R. Mani; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* The Ohio woman claims Buckrem was a resident of the defendants from Oct. 28, 2009, until her death on Dec. 17, 2010. She claims the defendants were negligence in caring for Buckrem. Dzurilla is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-2203
National College of Virginia, Inc. d/b/a National College vs. Darrell V. McGraw Jr., Attorney General of the State of West Virginia
PA- Niall A. Paul, James S. Crockett Jr., Timothy D. Houston; J- Louis H. Bloom
* The plaintiff claims McGraw has undertaken an unlawful investigation into National College and impermissibly issued an investigatory subpoena. National College is seeking for the court to enjoin McGraw from enforcing the subpoena.
Case number: 11-C-2206
Rodney D. Jones vs. Beford South Point Ford, Inc.
PA- Dana F. Eddy; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* In December 2009, Jones received in the mail material from the defendant that invited him to its St. Albans location. Jones claims the material included an ignition key that he was to bring to the premises and if the key opened a lock box with a certain number inside, he would win a new car. On Dec. 10, 2009, Jones went to the St. Albans store to claim his prize, but when he arrived he determined the defendant did not intend to award prizes and that the material mailed to him was designed to generate traffic at the car lot. When Jones expressed frustration over the fraudulent representations in the material he was asked to leave the premises, according to the suit. Jones claims he was then physically restrained and injured. Jones is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-2210
Scott G. Mandirola, acting director of the Division of Water and Water Management of the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection vs. Necessary Oil Co.
PA- Jonathan C. Frame; J- Carrie Webster
* On Oct. 8, 2009, the DEP issued the defendant a Notice of Civil Administrative Policy based on a Notice of Violation dated Sept. 15, 2009, in the amount of $3,832.50. On Feb. 4, 2010, the DEP issued another Notice of Civil Administrative Penalty based on a Notice of Violation dated Oct. 6, 2009, in the amount of $2,920. It claims the defendant has failed to remit payment. Mandirola is seeking damages in the amount of $6,772.50 with interest.
Case number: 11-C-2216
Tracey Murphy vs. The Children's Place Retail Stores, Inc. and Wendy Baird-Luther
PA- J. Michael Ranson, Cynthia M. Ranson, George B. Morrone III; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Murphy was employed by the defendants from Aug. 1 until Sept. 10. She claims prior to Sept. 10, she was injured on the job and filed a worker's compensation claim. She claims her employment was terminated because she filed for worker's compensation. Murphy is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-2220
Angela Bennett vs. West Virginia Department of Transportation-Division of Highways
PA- Larry O. Ford; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On Dec. 14, 2009, Bennett was operating her vehicle on W.Va. 92 near Greenbrier County. She claims while she was operating her vehicle, Robert J. Harvey Jr., who was an employee of the defendant, was operating a Department of Transportation 2007 Mack Dump Truck and he crossed over the center line and struck Bennett's vehicle and injured her. Bennett is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 11-C-2225
Brenda A. Miller vs. James L. Malfregeot, Charles E. Heilmann and Christopher G. Atkins
PA- Maria W. Hughes; J- Charles E. King
* Miller was employed by EQT Corporation on Sept. 7, 2010, to work as a "Landman II" in its Production-Land Department. She claims during her employment she was subjected to unwelcome offensive comments, solicitations and touching by Malfregeot based on her gender. Miller is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-2232
Noretta Sue Mobley vs. GE Money Bank
PA- Robin L. Godfrey; J- Carrie Webster
* Mobley was indebted to the defendant on a credit card account. She retained an attorney on April 7, 2010, and attempted to inform the defendant on April 19, 2010. Mobley claims when she attempted to inform the defendant, the caller told her he did not need to speak to her attorney and refused to take down the information. The defendant attempted to contact Mobley at least 25 times after she attempted to inform them, according to the suit. Mobley is seeking damages in an amount not to exceed $74,000.
Case number: 11-C-2241
CIVIL FILINGS: Kanawha County
Want to get notified whenever we write about ?
Sign-up Next time we write about , we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.