Beverly A. Gandee and Michael E. Gandee, wife and husband vs. Abell Elevator Service Company d/b/a Oracle Elevator Company and Charleston Area Medical Center, Inc.
PA- Troy N. Giatras; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* On Aug. 25, 2010, Beverly Gandee was an invitee at the defendants Memorial Division Hospital when the elevator she was in "suddenly 'shot' up from the third floor and came to a violent, abrupt stop, only to then subsequently fall down the elevator shaft to the first floor, again coming to a violent and abrupt stop." The Gandees are seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-2253
Glenna Arthur vs. Aldi, Inc.
PA- Michelle L. Johnson; J- Charles E. King
* On Nov. 9, 2010, Arthur was shopping at Aldi when an employee struck her in the leg with a motorized stocking machine, pushing her into the coolers and causing her to sustain injuries to her left leg. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 11-C-2265
Doug Stephens and Erin Stephens, his wife vs. Advantage Coach Limited Liability Company
PA- Michael J. Del Giudice, Keisha D. May
* On May 5, 2010, Doug Stephens was a passenger on an Advantage tour bus traveling from Cincinnati, Ohio, to Charleston. He claims when he attempted to exit his seat to use the restroom, the seat jolted up and injured him. The Stephenses are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 11-C-2271
Mark Haynes vs. Maple Coal Co., David Best and Donnie Roberts
PA- C. Benjamin Salango; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Haynes was employed by Maple Coal Co. as a belt man. On Oct. 19, at 11:20 p.m., Haynes observed two miners smoking while underground. He claims the following morning he went to the safety manager and complained, and later in the day he was threatened by Best. Haynes was subjected to retaliation by his co-workers and supervisors from Oct. 19 until him employment was terminated on Nov. 9. He is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-2279
Marlene Hardwick, as personal representative of the Estate of Stacie Smith vs. Dr. William Casto
PA- D. Adrian Hoosier; J- James C. Stucky
* Casto had a sexual relationship with Smith. Hardwick claims Casto got Smith addicted to prescription drugs and forced her to sell the drugs "on the street," which placed her in danger. On Dec. 28, 2009, Casto forced Smith to complete a drug sale at which she was confronted and murdered, according to the suit. Hardwick is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 11-C-2283
Sharon Honaker, individually and as administratrix of the Estate of Brian Radabaugh vs. Primecare Medical, Inc. and Primecare Medical of West Virginia, Inc.
PA- Henry E. Wood III; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* On Dec. 31, 2009, Radabaugh was ordered detained at the South Central Regional Jail facility. Honaker claims he became progressively ill and died on Jan. 10, 2010. Honaker is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-2300
Roger Birchfield vs. Galen of West Virginia, Inc.
PA- Michael J. Del Giudice, Keisha D. May; J- Charles E. King
* On Jan. 12, 2010, Birchfield was admitted to Galen of West Virginia due to an appendectomy. Birchfield claims while sitting in a chair in his hospital room when an employee ran the lift machine directly over his foot, which caused him injuries. Birchfield is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 11-C-2308
Pamela Summers and Timmy Summers vs. Subhash Bhanot, M.D.
PA- William S. Druckman, Madonna C. Estep; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* Pamela Summers was a paying patient of Bhanot. Pamela Summers claims during the time she was Bhanot's patient, she suffered injuries from Bhanot's negligence. The Summerses are seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-2310