Ruth Vaughan and Filmore Vaughan vs. Loop Plaza Pharmacy, Co.
PA- William S. Druckman, Madonna C. Estep; J- James C. Stucky
* On May 23, 2011, the defendant filled a prescription for Methotrexate and provided it to Ruth Vaughan with instructions to take one tablet by mouth twice daily. The Vaughans claims Ruth Vaughan took the prescription as instructed and subsequently became ill and developed neutropenia, diarrhea, thrush, rash and weakness. The illness was determined to have been caused by Methotrexate toxicity, according to the suit. The Vaughans claim the defendant knew or should have known that taking a 2.5mg tablet of Methotrexate twice daily exceeded the recommended maximum dose per week. The Vaughans are seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-2319
Adam R. Marcum vs. Sprint/United Management Company
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega; J- Louis H. Bloom
* Marcum was employed by the defendant from Feb. 1, 2010, until June 30, 2010, and from November 2010 until June 24, 2011. He claims the defendant failed to pay his final wages in a timely manner. Marcum is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-2322
Deidra G. Hill, executrix of the Estate of Carl Richard Butler Sr. vs. A.W. Chesterton Company; Allied Chemical Corporation; Armstrong International, Inc.; et al
PA- James A. McKowen, Bronwyn I. Rinehart; J- visiting
* Hill claims the 62 defendants are responsible for Butler's esophageal cancer and death. She is seeking a jury trial to resolve all issues involved.
Case number: 11-C-2327
Michael W. Carey vs. Valley Gardens, Inc.
PA- John A. Kessler, David R. Pogue; J- Jennifer Bailey
* In Fall 2009, Carey contracted the defendant to install a new plant bed along the front of his house. He claims the defendant removed the down spout on the front left of his house and disconnected it from its drain, and upon completion of the work, failed to reconnect the down spout to its drain. Because of the defendant's failure to reconnect the down spout, water was allowed to pour down into the ground throughout winter and caused significant damage to Carey's basement wall, according to the suit. Carey is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 11-C-2328
Teresa Kidd, as administratrix of the Estate of A.F.W. vs. West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources and Children First, LLC
PA- Shawn R. Romano; J- Carrie Webster
* A.F.W. was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis in June 2008 and Children First conducted more than 40 in-home services on behalf of the WVDHHR regarding the abuse and neglect of the child. Kidd claims Tracy Wright, A.F.W.'s mother, admitted to not filling her child's prescriptions. A.F.W. died as a result of the abuse and neglect, according to the suit. Kidd claims the defendants failed to thoroughly and adequately investigate the referrals made and failed to complete their investigations in compliance with rules and regulations. Kidd is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 11-C-2331
George E. Bickerstaff and Carolyn Bickerstaff; Melva J. Devore, executrix of the Estate of Melvin E. Carpenter, deceased; Barbara Ford, executrix of the Estate of James Fife, deceased; David T. Gorrell Jr. and Mary J. Gorrell; Paul R. Groves and Mary Ellen Groves; Eulonda Haley; David K. Harris and Linda Harris; George W. Kokos and Maryann Kokos; and Michael Tennant and Cheryl Tennant vs. 20th Century Glove Corporation; 4520 Corp., Inc.; Air & Liquid Systems Corporation; et al
PA- David P. Chervenick, Bruce E. Mattock, Scott S. Segal; J- visiting
* The plaintiffs claim the 190 defendants are responsible for lung injuries and death. They are seeking jury trials to resolve all issues involved.
Case number: 12-C-8, 12-C-9, 12-C-10, 12-C-11, 12-C-12, 12-C-13, 12-C-14, 12-C-15, 12-C-16
William Gallagher and Kristin J. Gallagher vs. Champion Industries, Inc. d/b/a the Chapman Printing Company and d/b/a Champion Output Solutions
PA- Robert D. Cline Jr., Robert A. Campbell, R. Chad Duffield; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On Jan. 8, 2010, while working at the Hills Plaza facility, William Gallagher was assigned the task of hanging an overhead sign in the sorting room and was ordered to sit on a pallet, which had been placed on the forks of a fork lift. While the pallet was raised in the air, it slid off the forks and caused it and William Gallagher to fall to the floor. The Gallaghers are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-29
Alfred Montgomery and Angel Montgomery vs. Thrasher Engineering, Inc. and Malden Public Service District
PA- G. Patrick Jacobs; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* In March 2010, Thrasher commenced construction and repair work on equipment and property owned by Malden and adjacent to the Montgomery residence. The Montgomerys claim the defendants caused damage to their property. They are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-40
Deborah M. Elswick, administratrix of the Estate of Dougless Lee Snodgrass vs. Ian Enterprises, LLC
PA- David K. Hendrickson, H. Jerome Sparks, Patrick E. McFarland; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On Jan. 11, 2010, Snodgrass exited the rear point of the Millennium Building and walked down a slope to the parking area. Elswick claims Snodgrass slipped and fell while approaching the parking area and broke his left femur, which required surgery, and caused him to be unable to function as usual until his death. Elswick is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-46
Jack Walter Bond Jr. vs. the Hannon Company d/b/a Hannon Electric Company
PA- Mark A. Atkinson, Robert B. Warner; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Bond was employed by the defendant for more than 30 years. He claims his employment was terminated based on his disability and because of his attempt to receive benefits from Workers' Compensation for a work-related injury. Bond is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-50