David Lucas, administrator of the Estate of Julie Lucas, deceased vs. Paul S. Lee, M.D., and Cabell Huntington Hospital, Inc.
PA- William S. Druckman, Madonna C. Estep; J- David M. Pancake
* Julie Lucas was a patient of the defendants. On Aug. 19, 2010, David Lucas claims the defendants failed to appreciate the significance of the patient's continued complaints of nausea and vomiting after the delivery of her baby and failed to report the continued symptoms in a timely manner. David Lucas is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 11-C-961
Debbie Shoemaker vs. Cabell County Tailgate Farmers' Market, Inc.
PA- Neil R. Bouchillon; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Shoemaker applied to and was granted membership by the board of directors and has since paid her annual dues. She claims during the 2011 season she was growing watermelons and cantaloupe and on July 31, 2011, a board member did a random inspection. On Aug. 14, 2011, the defendant advised that Shoemaker was suspended from selling at the market for the rest of the 2011 season, according to the suit. Shoemaker claims the defendant said she was pin-hooking her produce, which she was not doing. Shoemaker is seeking for the court to enter an order that the defendant's constitution and by-laws fail to provide for any membership protections if an allegations of pin-hooking has been made and that the suspension was not reasonable.
Case number: 12-C-6
Patricia King, executor for the Estate of Roy Adkins vs. Par Mar Oil Company
PA- Dennis E. Kelley; J- Paul T. Farrell
* On Sept. 9, 2011, Adkins was a business invitee of the defendants when he was injured. King is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-7
Betty Craig vs. Dr. Rehan Memon, Cabell Huntington Hospital-Pain Management Center and Cabell Huntington Hospital
PA- R. Stephen Jarrell; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Craig was receiving treatment for back pain from the defendants when she passed out and fell to the ground, having not been properly placed for treatment. She is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-10
Brookie A. Murray, individually and as power of attorney for Bill L. Murray vs. St. Mary's Medical Center, Inc.
PA- Andrew L. Paternostro, Sprague W. Hazard, Jeff D. Stewart; J- David M. Pancake
* On July 23, 2010, Bill Murray was admitted to St. Mary's Medical Center with complaints of dyspnea and underwent surgery. Brookie Murray claims Bill Murray suffered a skin breakdown and pressure ulcers during the admission at St. Mary's and failed to provide adequate care plans for the skin issues. Brookie Murray is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-11