State of West Virginia Ethics Commission vs. Roger Wolfe
PA- C. Joan Parker; J- Jennifer Bailey
* The State Ethics Commission claims Wolfe has refused to pay $26,455.54 in ethics fines. The Commission is seeking judgment in the amount of $26,455.54 with interest.
Case number: 11-MISC-620
Stacy Sowers vs. Leonard Johnson Funeral Home, Inc. d/b/a Barlow-Bonsall Funeral Home, Inc. and Mack L. Johnson
PA- Richard W. Walters; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On May 6, 2011, Sowers was hired as a web designer for the defendants. She claims the defendants sent her an e-mail on Jan. 3 that her employment was being terminated. When Sowers received her last paycheck, it did not include unpaid vacation pay, severance pay or any pay covering the 30-day notice pursuant to the agreement, according to the suit. Sowers claims her last paycheck also had $900 deducted for the re-payment of a loan she had previously received from Barlow. Sowers is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-217
Charles Wolfe and Hiatt Wolfe vs. Chrysler Group, LLC and Astorg Ford Lincoln-Mercury of Parkersburg, Inc.
PA- Cameron S. McKinney, David L. Grubb; J- Carrie Webster
* On Jan. 3, 2011, Charles and Hiatt Wolfe purchased a 2010 Dodge Charger. They claim the vehicle was defective. They are seeking revocation of acceptance of the vehicle; refund of the purchase price of the vehicle; and compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-226
Mary Louise Deemer vs. Hi-Lad, Inc. d/b/a Comfort Inn
PA- Lia DiTrapano Fairless; J- Louis H. Bloom
* Deemer was employed by the defendant. She claims the defendant violated the West Virginia Wage Payment and Collection Act. Deemer is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-229
Lionel G. Slater and Robin Slater vs. Carpenter Reclamation, Inc.; West Virginia American Water Company; Terradon Corporation; and Sam Cravens
PA- Michael J. Del Giudice; J- Louis H. Bloom
* In March 2011, the defendants engaged in a project laying water lines near or along Haynes Branch Road in Kanawha County. Lionel Slater was employed by Carpenter and was working as a laborer in assisting the placement of the water line near or along Haynes Branch Road. The Slaters claim while Lionel Slater was working in the trench where the water line was being placed, the trench collapsed on him and he was buried up to his neck. The Slaters are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-232
Debbie Page vs. Charleston Town Center Company, LP; Charleston Town Center Parking Limited Partnership; Charleston Town Center Garage, Inc.; Networking Parking Company, Ltd.; Network Parking, LLC; U.S. Security Associates, Inc.; Jordan Fletcher; and Brandon Wood
PA- Eric B. Snyder, Robert P. Lorea; J- Carrie Webster
* On April 25, 2011, Page was violently beaten and robbed by Wood and Fletcher in an elevator in the Charleston Town Center parking garage. Page claims when Charleston Police arrived, a mall security guard admitted to observing Wood and Fletcher loitering in the parking garage, recognized that they posed a threat to shoppers, but did nothing to remove them from the mall premises. Page is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-235