William L. Adkins vs. Bobby Lee Guy
PA-C. Richard Wilson; J-Stowers
* Adkins, who lives in Galloway, Ohio, was riding with Guy on Interstate 64 on March 6, 2010, when Guy swerved to miss a dead deer lying in the roadway and struck the median. Adkins suffered personal injury, damages and other losses. He seeks compensatory damages as well as attorney fees, court costs and other relief.
Case number: 12-C-61
U.S. Bearing and Power Transmission Company vs. Maynard Machine & Hydraulic Inc.
PA-Arnold J. Janicker, J. Tanner James; J-Stowers
* U.S. Bearing says it sold and shipped various machine parts to the defendant on four separate invoices in 2011 in a total amount of $52,815.02. It says Maynard Machine has failed to pay any of the amount. It seeks that amount plus interest, court costs, attorney fees and other relief.
Case number: 12-C-65
Rustic Highlands Owners Association Inc. vs. Melissa Weiford and Robert Weiford
PA-Jonathan R. Mani; J-Stowers
* The plaintiff says Melissa Weiford, as treasurer of the RHOA, allegedly embezzled about $98,586 of money belong to the association. The four-count complaint accuses Melissa Weiford of gross negligence, conversion and fraud. It accuses her husband of unjust enrichment. RHOA seeks repayment of money that belongs to it, damages for increased costs to perform repairs neglected because of Melissa Weiford's alleged conduct, punitive damages, court costs, attorney fees and other relief.
Case number: 12-C-66
Nicole Reed vs. Sleepy Hollow Golf Club, Lee Cooperrider and Charles Starcher
PA-Harry F. Bell Jr., Jonathan W. Price; J-Stowers
* Reed alleges sexual discrimination against the defendants. During her employment at Sleepy Hollow as restaurant floor manager and server, Reed says she was subjected to unwanted and pervasive comments, propositions, touching and fondling by Cooperrider and Starcher. She seeks injunctive relief as well as compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-70
Betty Jean Teel vs. Better Foods Inc., Tudor's Biscuit Word and Gino's Distributing Inc.
PA-William deForest Thompson Sr., James T. Cooper; J-Spaulding
* Teel was a customer at Tudor's in Winfield on March 19, 2010, when she fell entering the restaurant, injuring her left eye. She was left with a significant loss of vision and is legally blind. She seeks joint and several compensatory damages as well as pre- and post-judgment interest, court costs and other relief.
Case number: 12-C-71
Vickie C. Itson and Frazier Itson vs. The Board of Education of The County of Putnam, American Industrial Direct LLC, Auto Body Toolmart and Champ Frame Straightening Equipment Inc.
PA-Sandra B. Harrah, C. Michael Bee; J-Spaulding
* On March 12, 2010, Vickie Itson was a student at Putnam Career and Technical Center in the Collision Repair Program. She got caught on a bolt sticking out from a ladder, causing her to fall and break her humerous as well as causing a brachial plexus injury. She seeks joint and several compensatory damages from the Board and from the other three defendant companies that sold the ladder. Her husband seeks damages for loss of consortium. They also seek pre- and post-judgment interest, court costs, attorney fees and other relief.
Case number: 12-C-73