Pat Webb vs. Wal-mart Stores, Inc.; Wal-mart Stores, Inc. d/b/a Sam's Club; and Jay Myers
PA- Kimberly E. Williams, Mark A. Hunt; J- Jennifer Bailey
* On March 6, 2010, Webb was shopping at Sam's Club and was proceeding to the parking lot when his foot went into a hole that appeared to be left form the removal of a cart corral and was injured. Webb is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-411
Thelma S. Slater, personal representative of the Estate of Patsy J. Childers, deceased vs. Charleston Area Medical Center, Inc.
PA- Andrew L. Paternostro, Sprague W. Hazard, Jeff D. Stewart; J- Charles E. King
* On May 27, 2009, Childers underwent a triple bypass graft with her left saphenous vein being grafted for two of the three bypasses. Slater claims Childers developed post-operative infections to her coronary artery bypass graft surgical sites and a deep tissue pressure related injury to her coccyx and sacrum. Slater claims the defendant's negligence and carelessness contributed substantially to Childers' harm, injury and death. Slater is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-414
Shawnna Pauley, parent and natural guardian of Riley Johnson, a minor vs. Family Care Health Center; Kim Lopes, CNM; and Devin Ciliberti, M.D.
PA- Dr. Richard D. Lindsay, Richard D. Lindsay; J- Jennifer Bailey
* On Aug. 1, 2011, the defendants negligently cared for Pauley and her unborn infant, Johnson, during their labor and delivery. Pauley is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-421
Robert Davis and Kay Davis vs. NCO Financial Systems, Inc.
PA- Thomas H. Peyton; J- Charles E. King
* The couple claims beginning March 22, 2011, the defendant has contacted them in excess of 50 times by telephone in an attempt to collect an alleged debt subsequent to their demands to stop calling them and notification that they did not owe the alleged debt. The couple is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-425
Sabrina Payne vs. Speedway, LLC d/b/a Speedway SuperAmerica, LLC; and Crystal Gooch
PA- Rudolph L. DiTrapano, Robert M. Bastress, Elizabeth G. Kavitz; J- Charles E. King
* On July 7, 2010, Payne purchased a 5-pound bag of ice from the defendants' Elkview location when she tripped and fell in the parking lot and was injured. Payne is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-428
James F. Neff vs. CSX Transportation, Inc.
PA- Scott A. McGee, John E. Guerry III; J- visiting
* Neff was employed by the defendant and on Sept. 8, 2011, he was diagnosed with lung cancer. Neff is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-432