Asset Acquisition Group, LLC vs. Marshall Ferris and Jennifer Ferris
PA- Ryan S. Marsteller; J- David M. Pancake
* On Sept. 5, 2002, the defendants executed a Retail Installment Contract and Security Agreement for the purchase of a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan. Asset Acquisition Group claims the Ferrises have failed and refused to pay per the terms of the contract and following repossession and sale of the vehicle in 2006, the plaintiff is owed the sum of $26,844.14. The plaintiff is seeking judgment in that amount with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-159
Cindy L. Childers vs. Midway Ford, Inc.
PA- James E. Spurlock; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On Aug. 2, 2010, the defendant undertook to repair Childers' Ford 250 Pickup Truck. Childers claims the defendant did not repair the truck, but destroyed the engine instead. Childers is seeking judgment in the amount of $10,157.45 for the engine replacement; towing bills; $20,000 for loss of use of her truck in her farm business; and attorney fees in the amount of $15,000.
Case number: 12-C-167
James O'Neal vs. St. Mary's Medical Center and Cardiac Anesthesia Plus, Inc.
PA- Timothy P. Lupardus; J- David M. Pancake
* O'Neal was a patient of the defendants and claims the defendants failed to provide adequate anesthesia services and/or adequate post-operative care resulting in dehydration and/or acute renal failure and chronic renal dysfunction. O'Neal is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-172
Penny Rodgers, as personal representative of the Estate of Christopher Rodgers, deceased; and Jamie Rodgers and Nicholas Rodgers vs. Christopher Grizzell and Sherry Grizzell
PA- Christopher Keaton; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On April 7, 2010, while operating a motor vehicle eastbound on Interstate 64, Christopher Grizzell, negligently drove a motor vehicle owned by Sherry Grizzell, into a motor vehicle owned and operated by Christopher Rodgers. Christopher Grizzell negligently caused his vehicle to collide with the vehicle operated by Christopher Rodgers, causing both vehicles to travel through the median and into oncoming traffic and causing death. Penny Rodgers is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-183
Najib and Christie Ayoub vs. H&R Block, Inc.; HRB Tax Group, Inc.; Lora L. Ferguson; Phillip Alexander; and John Doe Agents
PA- D.C. Offutt Jr., Michael R. Dockery; J- F. Jane Hustead
* For multiple years prior to the tax year 2006, the plaintiffs sought tax advice from H&R Block, whom they also had prepare their tax returns. In 2011, the IRS audited the Ayoubs' tax returns and determined that they owed $13,027.12 in taxes and interest for the 2009 and 2010 tax years. The Ayoubs are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-185