Glen Roy Jones and Florence Jones, his wife vs. 3M Company; A.C.F. Industries, LLC; A.W. Chesterton Company; et al
PA- Bronwyn I. Rinehart; J- visiting
* Glen Roy Jones was diagnosed with asbestosis bilateral on March 28, 2010. The Joneses claim the 95 defendants are responsible for the diagnosis. The Joneses are seeking a jury trial to resolve all issues.
Case number: 12-C-533
Robert O'Connell, individually and as parent of his minor son, Christian O'Connell vs. The Cold Spot, LLC and Hilda Jerrell
PA- Paul M. Stroebel; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On June 1, 2011, Jerrell was the driver of a 2008 Ford Explorer traveling north on W.Va. 16 in Fayette County when she recklessly operated her vehicle and caused it to crash head on into the vehicle in which Robert O'Connell and Christian O'Connell were passengers. The Cold Spot provided Jerrell with alcohol prior to the accident. Robert O'Connell and Christian O'Connell are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-534
Marcus Smith vs. McDonald's Corporation; McDonald's Restaurants of West Virginia, Inc.; Jody Bias; and Sarah Wiseman
PA- Maria W. Hughes, Mark Goldner; J- Carrie Webster
* From August 2011 until Jan. 25, Smith was employed by the defendants. He claims his employment was terminated because of his race. Smith is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-536
Jerry Boggess and Amy Boggess vs. West Virginia Regional Jail and Correctional Facility Authority
PA- Larry O. Ford; J- Louis H. Bloom
* During 2010, Jerry Boggess was incarcerated by the defendant and began to experience physical symptoms including difficulty in walking, fever, disorientation and other flu-like symptoms. On July 2, 2010, he was transferred to the emergency room at Williamson Memorial Hospital where it was discovered he was suffering from MRSA. The Boggesses are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-537
Phyllis Hardy and Everett Hardy Jr. vs. Subaru of America, Inc. and River City Subaru, Inc.
PA- Kristina Thomas Whiteaker, David L. Grubb; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On March 25, 2011, the Hardys purchased a 2011 Subaru Forester from the defendants. They claim the vehicle was defective. The Hardys are seeking compensatory and punitive damages,
Case number: 12-C-538
Matthew Jackson vs. Subtrax, Inc.
PA- D. Adrian Hoosier II; J- Charles E. King
* Jackson was employed by the defendant and consistently performed his duties in a satisfactory manner and met the defendant's reasonable expectations. Jackson claims he was taunted and/or harassed during his employment because of his disability. The defendant forced him to work without notice and threatened that if he did not show up to unscheduled shifts, he would be fired, according to the suit. Jackson claims he was ultimately fired. Jackson is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-540