Melda Trogdon vs. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. and John Does 1-25
PA- R.R. Fredeking II; J- David M. Pancake
* On Aug. 2, 2010, Trogdon was at the defendant's restaurant and was attempting to enter the bathroom at the restaurant when an unknown employee and/or agent of the defendant exited the bathroom, causing the swinging door to strike her and cause injury. Trogdon is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-286
Marcha Almodovar vs. Dominica Ballengee, Philip Ballengee and Reliable Maintenance and Remodeling, Inc.
PA- John F. Cyrus, S. Douglas Adkins; J- David M. Pancake
* On May 22, 2010, Almodovar visited the Ballengee residence at Dominica Ballengee's request. She claims while visiting the defendants, she was standing on the back porch and was leaning against the railing when the railing gave way and she fell off the porch. The Ballengees were negligent in failing to warn Almodovar of the defective railing. Almodovar is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-290
Roger Bartram vs. Ray Blankenship
PA- R. Matthew Vital; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Bartram claims he warned Blankenship not to enter onto his business premises in Huntington, but on Jan. 21, Blankenship entered onto his property and negligently destroyed and/or disposed of approximately 200 tons of dirt and other valuable commodities owned by Bartram. Bartram is seeking judgment in the amount of $5,000 and for the court to make an order prohibiting Blankenship from entering his property or having any contact with him.
Case number: 12-C-294
Bobby Trout vs. Chuck Kingery, Travis Hagan, John Does 1-6 and the City of Huntington
PA- Jay C. Love; J- David M. Pancake
* On May 12, 2011, Trout was sleeping in his own home in Huntington when Hagan, Kingery and six unknown individuals arrived at his home with a search warrant and entered into the home. Trout claims he awoke from sleep and entered the room where the defendants were located with their flashlights shining in his face and the defendants ordered him to get on the ground. After Trout responded with a question, he was physically forced to the ground with excessive force and the defendants physically battered and beat him with excessive force, according to the suit. Trout claims the defendants failed to protect him from an assault and battery, as well as an unlawful arrest. Trout is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-295
Christie Marie Prince vs. Whitaker Physician Billing Services, Inc. d/b/a Probill, Inc.
PA- J. Michael Ranson, Cynthia M. Ranson, George B. Morrone III; J- David M. Pancake
* Prince was employed by the defendant from April 13, 2008, until April 16. She claims the defendant terminated her employment, but failed to pay her final wages within 72 hours. Prince is seeking compensatory and liquidated damages.
Case number: 12-C-300
Ashley Dale Ellis vs. The West Virginia Department of Public Safety/State Police; the City of Barboursville/Barboursville Police Department; City of Huntington/Huntington Police Department; Detective S. Hischman; Detective S. Bills; the County Commission for Cabell County; and John Doe
PA- E. Lavody Morgan Jr., Steve A. Baker; J- David M. Pancake
* On May 14, 2010, Ellis was resting in bed at his new residence when a task force of law enforcement officers arrived to execute a search warrant. He claims he was detained by the defendants and then several officers continued to strike him in his face, abdomen, genitals and other parts of his body. Ellis is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-310