Edward A. Fields vs. the West Virginia State Police; the Roane County Commission; Trooper J.M. Bragg, individually and in his official capacity as a West Virginia State Police Trooper; Deputy Bo Williams, individually and in his official capacity as a Roane County Sheriff’s Deputy; and Deputy Jeff Smith, individually and in his official capacity as a Roane County Sheriff’s Deputy
PA- Matthew S. Criswell, Mark L. French, Steven M. Condaras; J- Carrie Webster
* On Dec. 28, 2011, at approximately 9:30 p.m., Fields was pulled over by the defendants. Fields claims Bragg and Williams approached his vehicle and when he rolled down the window, Williams hit him in the face with a flashlight without warning or explanation and Bragg then pulled him from the vehicle and proceeded to beat and kick him. After he was treated at Roane County General Hospital, he was arrested and transported to the State Police Detachment in Roane County and forced to sign a statement that he had fled the scene on foot, despite the fact that he cannot read or write, according to the suit. Fields is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2180
Melanie Cobb vs. West Virginia Department of Transportation-Division of Highways
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega; J- Carrie Webster
* Cobb claims during her employment with the defendant she has been subjected to sexual harassment, a hostile work environment, gender discrimination and reprisal. Cobb is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2210
Betty J. Massey, administratrix of the Estate of Lorenzo D. Massey vs. 3M Company; A.W. Chesterton Company; CBS Corporation; et al.
PA- Bronwyn I. Rinehart; J- visiting
* Lorenzo Massey was diagnosed with lung cancer, from which he died on Sept. 12, 2011. Betty Massey claims the 73 defendants caused the lung injury. She is seeking a jury trial to resolve all issues.
Case number: 12-C-2212
Linda S. Bundy vs. Family Carpet Outlet, Inc.
PA- Michael T. Clifford, Richelle K. Garlow; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* Bundy was employed by the defendant until Nov. 4, 2011. She claims during her employment she made several complaints regarding the harassment and/or discriminatory actions of male supervisors and paying men in similar positions a higher salary. Bundy claims her employment was terminated in retaliation for her complaints. Bundy is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-2216
Robin S. Reed, individually and on behalf of those similarly situated vs. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc.
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega, Rodney A. Smith, Jonathan R. Marshall; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Reed claims the defendant is obligated to pay its employees working in West Virginia pursuant to the requirements of the West Virginia Payment and Collection Act and failed to do so. Reed is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2225
Muhammad Riaz, as president of Terradon Corporation vs. Chrysler Group, LLC and Royal Automotive Company
PA- David L. Grubb, Kristina Thomas Whiteaker; J- James C. Stucky
* On July 8, 2011, Riaz entered into a motor vehicle purchase contract with Royal for the purchase of a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee for personal and business use. Riaz claims the vehicle was defective. Riaz is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2226
Ferro Products Corporation vs. Ohio Valley Steel Co. and GITO, Inc. d/b/a Nello Construction
PA- Robert H. Sweeney Jr.; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Ferro claims the defendants failed to and refused to pay for steel products, despite repeated requests. Ferro is seeking judgment in the amount of $119,825.60 with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2227