Richard G. Mahan vs. GMRI, Inc. d/b/a the Olive Garden Restaurant, Inc.; Darden GC Corp.; Darden Restaurants, Inc.; and David Sparks
PA- Jonathan R. Mani; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On Nov. 15, 2010, Mahan dined with his family at the Olive Garden Restaurant in Charleston and was exiting the restaurant when he fell in a slippery substance that he says was carelessly left on the floor by restaurant staff. Mahan is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-2237
William Dean vs. Dohm Cycles, Inc.
PA- Kristina Thomas Whiteaker, David L. Grubb; J- Louis H. Bloom
* On Sept. 23, 2011, Dean entered into a purchase contract with Dohm for a 2001 Qlink. Dean claims the vehicle was defective. He is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2241
Barbara M. Wright, administratrix of the Estate of Thomas Francis Wright vs. Donna Slayton,
PA- Richard D. Lindsay; J- Carrie Webster
* On Sept. 8, 2011, Thomas Wright had a cystoscopy performed at Charleston Area Medical Center. The following day, he returned to the hospital via emergency transfer from an outlying hospital and was diagnosed with an acute myocardial infarction, from which he died seven days later. Barbara Wright claims Slayton was negligent. Wright is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2249
Camden David Hudkins and Loretta Sharon Hudkins vs. A.O. Smith Corporation; AGCO
Corporation; Ajax Magnethermic Corp.; et al.
PA- David P. Chervenick, Bruce E. Mattock, Leif J. Ocheltree, Scott S. Segal; J- visiting
* The Hudkinses claim the 67 defendants are responsible for Camden Hudkins’ mesothelioma. They are seeking a jury trial to resolve all issues involved.
Case number: 12-C-2268
Gloria Jean Bush, administratrix of the Estate of Michael J. Bush Sr. vs. 3M Company; A.W.
Chesterton Company; Air & Liquid Systems Corporations; et al.
PA- Bronwyn I. Rinehart; J- visiting
* Gloria Bush claims the 51 defendants are responsible for Michael Bush’ colon cancer and death. She is seeking a jury trial to resolve all issues involved.
Case number: 12-C-2278
Drema Jones, individually and on behalf of the Estate and Wrongful Death Beneficiaries of Patricia Pridemore vs. Genesis Healthcare Corporation; Genesis Healthcare, LLC; Teays Valley Haven Limited Partnership; 590 North Poplar Fork Road Operations, LLC; Matthew Keefer; John Does 1 through 10; and Unidentified Entities 1 through 10 (as to Teays Valley Center)
PA- James B. McHugh, Michael J. Fuller Jr.; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On July 14, 2011, Pridemore was admitted to Teays Valley Center, where she remained until her death on Feb. 9. Jones claims Pridemore suffered pressure sores, dehydration, malnutrition, infections, sepsis and death as a result of the defendants’ alleged negligence. Jones is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-2280
Deshawna Carter vs. the Children’s Home Society of West Virginia, Inc.
PA- Timothy C. Bailey, J. Ryan Stewart; J- Louis H. Bloom
* Carter was employed by the defendant. On Dec. 31, 2010, she says she was injured in the parking lot due to the parking lot being slick and covered with snow. Carter is seeking a jury trial on the issues of liability and damages.
Case number: 12-C-2286
Jack Hicks, individually and on behalf of the Estate of Charles Young vs. Genesis Healthcare Corporation; Genesis Healthcare, LLC; Lynn Elliott; John Does 1 through 10; and Unidentified Entities 1 through 10 (as to Heritage Center)
PA- James B. McHugh, Michael J. Fuller Jr., D. Bryant Chaffin; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Young was a resident of Heritage Center from Feb. 13, 2011, until April 19, 2011. He died on March 20, from injuries he sustained while he was a resident at Heritage Center. Hicks is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-2290
Kenton Imel vs. Excel Modular Scaffold and Leasing Corporation, Ira Jeffers and Billy Hamm
PA- JB Akers, S. Brooks West; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On Feb. 13, Imel suffered a compensable work-related injury while attempting to move a scaffold. Imel claims he was asked not to file a Workers’ Compensation claim by the defendants and on March 22, he was laid off from work. Imel is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2291
Audrey Short, individually and as next friend of Logun DeBord and Addisun DeBord, infants vs. Slack Group, LLC
PA- Walton S. Shepherd III; J- Jennifer Bailey
* Short purchased a mobile home trailer from the predecessor of the defendant in 2007. She claims she noticed mold and standing water that caused a mosquito infestation in 2008 and a dead tree destroyed the utility building in 2009. The problems caused Short’s children to develop health issues. Short is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-2304