Jacqueline Yeager, individually and on behalf of the Estate and wrongful death beneficiaries of Melba Swick vs. HCR ManorCare, LLC; HCR ManorCare, Inc.; MC Operations Investments, Inc.; HCRMC Operations, LLC; Manor Care, Inc.; HCR Manor Care Services, Inc.; Health Care and Retirement Corporation of America, LLC; Heartland Employment Services, LLC; Heartland of Clarksburg WV, LLC; HCR ManorCare West Virginia Properties, LLC; Diana Crickard; Charles Griffith; John Does 1 through 10; and Unidentified Entities 1 through 10 (as to Heartland of Clarksburg)
PA- James B. McHugh, Michael J. Fuller Jr., Amy J. Quezon; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* Swick was a resident of Heartland from July 2008 until September 2010. Yeager claims Swick suffered personal injuries and damages while she was a resident there. Yeager is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-2400
Larry Swann vs. Midtown Center Associates, LP; 405 Capitol Street Associates, LP; Dolores R. Gill; and Matrix Holdings, LLC
PA- Jeffrey M. Wakefield, Kurt E. Entsminger, Amanda J. Gardner; J- Louis H. Bloom
* Swann is a polio survivor who walks with the aid of arm crutches or who is otherwise required to use a wheelchair. Swann claims he has been a tenant of the defendants’ premises since 1991. The defendants have deliberately and willfully allowed three of the four elevators within the building to fall into disrepair, he claims. The suit says on Nov. 12, the sole remaining and intermittently operable elevator broke down and remained out of service for eight days and again on Dec. 2, the elevator broke down and is still inoperable. Swann is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2416
Linda L. Fish vs. City Holding Company
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega; J- Louis H. Bloom
* Fish was employed by the defendant for approximately 22 years. In August her employment was terminated due to her age, she alleges. Fish is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2417
Helen Dolin vs. Big Sandy Furniture, Inc.; Jon Conrad; and John Doe
PA- Marvin W. Masters, Paula L. WIlson; J- James C. Stucky
* On Feb. 2, Dolin was on the defendants’ property when, allegedly, a trundle bed fell and struck her. She is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2419
Karen Roberts vs. Herbert J. Thomas Memorial Hospital Association d/b/a Thomas Memorial Hospital
PA- William S. Druckman, Madonna C. Estep; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On May 28, 2010, Roberts became a patient of the defendant. She claims the defendant was negligent in its care for her. She is seeking judgment in an amount as yet to be determined with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2420
Sandra Bishop, Kathy Fannin, Connie McDaniel, Steve Fannin, Donna Lilly and Debra O’Dell, being the heirs of Katherine E. Fannin vs. Reserve Oil & Gas, Inc.
PA- Timothy J. LaFon; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* The plaintiffs claim Reserve Oil & Gas went onto their property and installed a gas pipeline without their permission. The plaintiffs are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-2426
Valley Cash Feed Company, LLC vs. Shamrock Kennels, Inc.
PA- Harvey D. Peyton; J- James C. Stucky
* Valley claims Shamrock is indebted to Valley in the sum of $16,144.56 for meat and supplies, the suit says. Valley is seeking judgment in the amount of $16,144.56 with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2428
Joel Acey vs. Bob Evans Farms, Inc. and Bob Evans Farms, Inc. d/b/a Bob Evans Restaurant
PA- Henry E. Wood III; J- Charles E. King
* On Dec. 26, 2010, Acey was discriminated against at Bob Evans by a hostess, he claims. Acey is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-2434
Loretta Jean Sanson vs. KC Properties, LLC and Kevin L. Childers, individually and as the owner, manager, agent, servant and/or employee of KC Properties, LLC
PA- Marvin W. Masters, Paula L. Wilson; J- Louis H. Bloom
* The defendants removed earth at or near the sidewalk, making the ground uneven, at a St. Albans rental unit, but did not fill the area back in with dirt to make it level and had not erected warning signs or a barrier to warn people of the drop off, the suit claims. On Dec. 13, 2010, there was snow and ice on the property and Sanson allegedly fell and was injured because of the drop-off. Sanson is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2435
Troy Painter and Timi M. Painter vs. General Motors, LLC
PA- David L. Grubb, Cameron S. McKinney; J- Carrie Webster
* On Dec. 21, 2009, the Painters entered into a motor vehicle purchase contract for the purchase of a 2009 Saturn. They claim the vehicle was defective. The Painters are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-2443