Peter W. Sizemore vs. West Virginia State Police
PA- David O. Moye, Lisa M. Moye; J- Jennifer Bailey
* On June 6, 2011, Sizemore was involved in a motor vehicle accident whereby Wendy Marie Comer, while on duty in her official capacity as a state trooper, negligently struck the front left side of Sizemore's vehicle and caused him to veer off the road and strike an electric pole, the suit says. Sizemore is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-733
Laura Lynell Stone vs. Genesis Healthcare LLC; Genesis Healthcare Corporation; Kimberly Gray; Matthew Keefer; and Tammy Bentley
PA- Richard A. Monahan; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* Stone was an employee of the defendants from Dec. 6, 2002, until April 22, 2011. She claims her employment was wrongfully terminated. Stone is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-740
Robin Taylor vs. Select Specialty Hospital-Charleston Inc. d/b/a Select Specialty Hospital-Charleston
PA- Chad P. Shannon; J- Jennifer Bailey
* On March 4, 2011, Taylor was admitted to the defendant's facility as a resident/patient on a continuous care basis and she remained there until March 16, 2011. Taylor claims she was negligently allowed to continue to develop pressure sores and when she was discharged, she had developed a significant pressure ulcer. Taylor is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-743
William Martin vs. Bank of America N.A. and JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A.
PA- Bren J. Pomponio, Sean W. Cook; J- James C. Stucky
* In 2005, Martin was induced into two simultaneous loans with Quicken Loans based on misrepresentations regarding the actual value of his property, he says. He claims Chase and Bank of America engaged in illegal debt collection. Martin is seeking actual damages and civil penalties of $4,800 for each violation pursuant to West Virginia code.
Case number: 13-C-744, 13-C-746
Robert Latta Jr. vs. Continental Surfaces of Charleston LLC
PA- J. Michael Ranson, Cynthia M. Ranson, G. Patrick Jacobs; J- Louis H. Bloom
* Latta was employed by the defendant from March 1, 2011, until Dec. 6, 2012. He claims his employment was terminated in violation of West Virginia code. Latta is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-747
Jennifer Blevins, Tiffany Freeman, Amy Abshire and Brittany Light vs. Rio Grande Inc.
PA- Mark A. Atkinson, Paul L. Frampton Jr.; J- Jennifer Bailey, Charles E. King. James C. Stucky
* The four plaintiffs were employed by Rio in Charleston and claim they were sexually harassed by a management employee of the defendant named Jorge Lugo, who was a convicted sex offender. The plaintiffs are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-749, 13-C-750, 13-C-751, 13-C-752
John Harless vs. Antoine Skaff, DDS; Douglas W. O'Dell, DDS; and John Brock, DDS
PA- J. Michael Ranson, Cynthia M. Ranson, G. Patrick Jacobs; J- James C. Stucky, Jennifer Bailey
* Harless was a patient at each of the defendants' offices for dental care. He claims the defendants ignored other obvious signs of significant health problems and performed substandard treatment. Harless is seeking compensatory and general damages.
Case number: 13-C-771, 13-C-772, 13-C-773
Irene Galan vs. Brown Dog Floor Care
PA- Frank Venezia, Benjamin M. Mishoe; J- Jennifer Bailey
* Galan is employed by Kroger. On April 26, 2011, Galan says she was leaving work when she slipped and fell on a clear liquid the defendant had placed on the floor during some sort of cleaning or refinishing of the floor. Galan is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-782
Patricia Foster vs. Hospitality Ventures LLC
PA- Scott H. Kaminski; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On Oct. 28, 2011, Foster fell in a pothole, which had filled with rain water, on the defendant's property and was injured, she says. Foster is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-816
Jackson Kelly PLLC vs. Deitrich S. Fansler and Pin Oak Properties LLC
PA- Stephen R. Crislip; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* A promissory note was issued on June 18 in the amount of $105,678.45 plus interest by Fansler, individually and on behalf of Pin Oak. Despite repeated demands, the defendants have failed to pay, the suit says. Jackson Kelly is seeking damages in an amount no less than $105,678.45, plus interest from the date of each unpaid invoice constituting the debt at the legal rate of interest.
Case number: 13-C-817