Bradley W. Harris vs. AB Contracting Inc.
PA- Robert H. Sweeney Jr., Allison M. Subacz
*Harris purchased a residence from AB in September 2006. He claims when he put the residence on the market in 2012, Advantage Home & Environment Inspections found numerous problems with the residence. Harris is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-125
Adam West and Bethany West vs. Nationstar Mortgage LLC f/k/a Centex Home Equity Company; and Mark Greenlee
PA- Colten L. Fleu, Jennifer Wagner
* The Wests claim the defendants engaged in predatory lending practices and caused them damages. The Wests are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-131
Ricky Henderson and Tracy Henderson vs. GE Capital Bank
PA- Benjamin Sheridan
* The Hendersons claim GE violated the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act by continuing to attempt to collect debt from them after they were represented by counsel. The Hendersons are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-142
Deborah Huffman vs. Dish Network LLC and Frontier Communications of America Inc.
PA- Benjamin Sheridan
* Huffman filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection on Feb. 8. She claims the defendants have violated the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act. Huffman is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-145
Norma J. Howell vs. Brianna M. Shabdue and Four Paws Pet Salon LLC
PA- Bernard E. Layne III; J- Joseph K. Reeder
* On May 8, 2011, Howell was a restrained front seat passenger of a 2005 Kia Amanti being driven by her husband. She claims Shabdue, for unknown reasons, crossed the center line of the two-lane highway and struck her vehicle and caused her injuries. At the time of the collision, Shabdue was operating a vehicle owned by Four Paws. Howell is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-146
Cathy Casto vs. T.P. Chevrolet Inc.
PA- Mark A. Atkinson, Paul L. Frampton Jr.
* Casto was employed by T.P. She claims the defendant discriminated against her because of her disability. Casto is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-155