Dennis Parker Haddix vs. Davis Health System Inc.
PA – Scott Curnutte; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiff claims the defendant terminated his employment without cause and breached a written employee agreement by failing and refusing to pay compensation and other benefits for 12 months following the termination, causing irreparable economic loss, mental distress and other damages. He is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 13-C-1
Robin W. Hammer vs. Sharon M. Helms and Thomas M. Hammer
PA – Pro se; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiff claims the defendants breached their fiduciary duty to manage the estate of Ethel M. Hammer by refusing to rent and maintain properties in accordance with the decedent's will and conspiring to force a foreclosure sale of property that was part of the estate. The plaintiff is seeking at least $28,600 for the estate, as well as as undetermined amount of relief for other damages.
Case number: 13-C-8
Gregory Paugh vs. Erin Randall
PA – Scott Curnutte; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiff claims he was seriously injured Jan. 17, 2011, when the defendant's negligence caused a vehicle accident in Randolph County. The plaintiff claims Randall rear-ended the car in front of her, causing that car to rear-end the vehicle in which Paugh was a passenger. He is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 13-C-9
Nichalous H. Anello vs. Galen Glen Wright
PA – John Wallace; J – Wilfong
* Anello claims the defendant was intoxicated and grossly negligent when he caused a vehicle accident on May 11, 2012, in Randolph County. The plaintiff suffered injuries, medical expenses, lost wages and other damages, and he is seeking an amount of relief to be determined.
Case number: 13-C-12
Woodford Oil Co. vs. Now Delivery LLC
PA – Rebecca Judy; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiff claims the defendant has failed to make full payment upon a credit agreement and now owes at least $20,806.65, plus interest.
Case number: 13-C-14
Leon A. Rush vs. James P. Harman, individually and d/b/a Champion Auto LLC
PA – Frank Bush; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiff claims the defendant breached a contract for a custom, high-end paint job on a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro, which was returned more than six months late with blotchy, bubbly portions of paint as well as rust. After the plaintiff took the car back to be touched up and properly painted, the defendant again failed to meet the terms of the agreement, the suit says. Rush claims the defendant handed him a can of broken bolts resulting from the botched attempts to reassemble the car. The plaintiff is seeking judgment for the cost of repairing, replacing and completing the work, as well as other compensation.
Case number: 13-C-15
Albert Fred Beery, individually and as spouse and health care surrogate for Nancy P. Beery, vs. Elkins Regional Convalescent Center Inc.
PA – John Cooper; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiff claims Nancy Beery was left unattended while in the defendant's care, directly leading her to fall in the bathroom, striking her head and breaking her hip, despite the fact that the defendant's staff knew she was at a high risk for falls. She required extensive surgery and medical care, including care from Davis Memorial Hospital that cost at least $48,000. The plaintiff is seeking an amount of relief to be determined.
Case number: 13-C-17
Donna Cumberledge vs. Dean O. Jack
PA – W. Tyler Nestor; J – Wilfong
* Cumberledge claims the defendant's negligence caused a vehicle accident on Feb. 8, 2011, when he ran a red light and collided with the plaintiff's vehicle at a high rate of speed. The plaintiff allegedly suffered serious injuries and pain, incurred medical and other expenses and endured emotional distress as a result, and she is now seeking an amount of relief to be determined.
Case number: 13-C-19