Ryan Holt and Leigh Holt vs. General Motors LLC; Mid-State Automotive Inc.; American Luxury Coach LLC; and Ally Bank
PA- Kristina Thomas Whiteaker, David L. Grubb; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* On Nov. 24, the Holts entered into a motor vehicle purchase contract with the dealer for the purchase of a 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The Holts claim the vehicle was defective. The Holts are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-994
James Ball vs. General Motors LLC and Thornhill Superstore Inc.
PA- David L. Grubb, D. Christopher Hedges; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* On Aug. 3, 2011, Ball purchased a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse from the defendants. He claims the vehicle was defective. Ball is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1011
Barbara Simpson vs. C&O Motors Inc.; Henry Morris; John Doe 1; and John Doe 2
PA- N. Edward Eagloski; J- Carrie Webster
* On April 26, 2012, Simpson took her 1999 Cadillac Seville to C&O for repairs. She claims the defendants failed to perform the work it set forth to fix in a workmanlike fashion and in accordance with local standards, which was a breach of contract. Simpson is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1015
Judith Moses vs. Kenneth Gianettino and Rite Aid of West Virginia Inc. d/b/a Rite Aid Discount Pharmacy #2610
PA- William M. Tiano; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* The defendants sold, distributed and placed in the stream of commerce a one-month supply of endocet tablets to Moses in May 2011, Moses says. She claims the acetaminophen dosage in the tablets was larger than was prescribed and caused her liver toxicity and other damage to her liver. Moses is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-1016
Neva Terry vs. LOI Charleston Inc. d/b/a Tyler Mountain Funeral Home and/or operating as Tyler Mountain Funeral Home
PA- Frank M. Armada; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* On June 1, 2011, Terry went to the defendant's funeral home for the purpose of attending a wake/funeral and was exiting the facility when she stumbled on a ramp that was not properly marked or equipped with a hand rail and, as a result, she fell over a concrete bench, the suit says. Terry is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1018
Denise Freund and Britt Freund, husband and wife vs. Wal-Mart Stores East LP
PA- M. Eric Frankovitch; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* On June 3, 2011, Denise Freund was an invitee at Wal-Mart when she fell due to hazardous conditions permitted on the premises, the suit says. The Freunds are seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1030
David Taylor, personal representative of the Estate of Tracey L. Taylor, deceased vs. Melvin Vidal, M.D.
PA- Stuart Calwell, David H. Carriger; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On March 23, 2012, Tracey Taylor was admitted to St. Francis Hospital's emergency room with complaints of abdominal pain and vaginal bleeding by Vidal. Following her admission, Vidal prescribed Dilaudid and in the early morning hours of March 24, 2012, while Tracey Taylor was sleeping in a non-monitored bed, she stopped breathing and died, the suit says. David Taylor is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1038
Kristy Brooks vs. Kanawha Valley Homes Inc. d/b/a Oakwood Terrace Apartments; and Oakwood Terrace Apartments
PA- Henry E. Wood III; J- James C. Stucky
* On Aug. 21, 2011, Brooks was attempting to walk up the stairs in order to use the bathroom of her tenement when she fell and severely and permanently injured her back, the suit says. Brooks is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-1041