Brenda Lynn Sauzer vs. Virginia A. Scott
PA – Forrest Bowen; J – Wilfong
* Sauzer claims the defendant's negligence caused a vehicle accident on Feb. 9, 2011, when she failed to yield the right of way and caused a collision. The plaintiff suffered serious injuries and pain, incurred medical and other expenses and endured emotional distress as a result, and she is now seeking an amount of relief to be determined.
Case number: 13-C-20
Daniel C. Crowley vs. Timothy A. Salisbury
PA – Gregory Tingler; J – Wilfong
* Crowley claims the defendant's negligence caused a vehicle accident on Feb. 19, 2011, when he ran a red light and struck another car. The plaintiff was a passenger in the back seat of the defendant's vehicle at the time. Crowley suffered serious injuries, medical expenses, lost wages and other damages, and he is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 13-C-21
Thomas Elliott and Mary Elliott vs. Charles Ramsey and Richard Mauser
PA – David DeMoss; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiffs claim they suffered medical expenses, pain, suffering and other damages when they were involved in a multiple-vehicle accident on Feb. 14, 2011, caused by the defendants' negligence. They stopped their vehicle to allow another vehicle to make a right turn, and they were struck from behind when Ramsey and then Mauser each failed to stop and maintain control of their vehicles. The plaintiffs are seeking an amount of relief to be determined.
Case number: 13-C-22
William Martin Arbogast and Bryan Arbogast, as power of attorney for William Martin Arbogast, vs. Diane M. Elters, Vera Lipscomb and Mulberry Management Services
PA – George Triplett; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiffs claim William Arbogast, who was handicapped and received personal care from the defendants, was severely injured April 13, 2012, when he was a passenger in defendant Mulberry Management Service's vehicle, which was operated by Elters. The plaintiffs claims Elters was negligent and swerved to miss a deer, causing the pickup truck she was operating to overturn and trap her and William Arbogast. The plaintiffs have incurred more than $50,000 in medical expenses as a result of the incident, and they are seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 13-C-23
Adam L. McCoy vs. Law Offices of David A. Sims PLLC and David A. Sims
PA – Drew Capuder; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiff claims the defendants have failed and refused to pay him $28,363.43 in compensation after he completed his employment with the firm, and he is seeking that amount plus other relief.
Case number: 13-C-24
Kathryn E. Teter and Kathryn E. Teter, executrix of the estate of Thomas T. Teter vs. Rosemary Mullennex and Frankie Davis
PA – Duke McDaniel; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiffs claim Mullennex cashed five CDs belonging to Thomas Teter's estate on Feb. 5, 2013, for a total of $85,917.80 without authorization; attempted to cash out accounts at Pendleton County Bank; wrote checks from the estate for her personal use; and removed numerous personal property items from the estate, including guns and tools, without permission. The plaintiffs claim Mullennex removed the items with help from her brother, Davis. The plaintiffs are seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 13-C-31
West Virginia University Medical Corp. d/b/a University Health Associates vs. William Shannon Lloyd
PA – Ward Stone; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiff claims the defendant owes at least $51,397.00 plus interest for medical services provided to him in 2011.
Case number: 13-C-39
Billie Jo Hebb and Elwood Lynn Hebb vs. Shalae Brooke Studer
PA – James Fox; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiffs claim Billi Jo Hebb suffered permanent injuries as a result of a vehicle accident on April 4, 2011, when the defendant was negligent and failed to yield the right of way. The plaintiffs are seeking an amount of relief to be determined.
Case number: 13-C-45
Westfield Insurance Co. vs. Norman Ray Kesner Jr.
PA – Tyler Lansden; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiff is seeking at least $20,000 from the defendant after he negligently operated a motor vehicle on April 5, 2009, in Randolph County and caused bodily injury to the plaintiff's insured, Rocky Charles Hebb.
Case number: 13-C-50
Davis Health System Inc. vs. Douglas Tice, MD
PA – Julia Abbitt; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiff claims the defendant owes at least $50,000 in past-due loans in accordance with loan agreements from 2012.
Case number: 13-C-60
Woodford Oil Co. vs. Jass Enterprises LLC
PA – Rebecca Judy; J – Wilfong
* The plaintiff claims the defendant owes at least $159,448.85 plus interest in accordance with a past-due credit agreement.
Case number: 13-C-65