Savannah Murphy, formerly Savannah Broce vs. Marshall Obstetrics & Gynecology d/b/a Marshall University-Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine; and Jane Doe, individually
PA- Robert B. Kuenzel, Erin R. Bias; J- F. Jane Hustead
* During the summer and fall of 2012, Murphy was pregnant and receiving medical treatment and monitoring from two physicians of the defendants’. During her pregnancy, Murphy was going through a divorce from her husband, Jonathan Broce. Murphy claims Broce had a relative and/or friend, Doe, provide him with protected health information during the divorce. Murphy claims the defendants violated the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. Murphy is seeking damages against the defendants for negligently disseminating the plaintiff's protected health information.
Case number: 13-C-450
Samual Lee Carroll vs. Huntington Internal Medicine Group Inc.
PA- J. Anthony Spenia; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Carroll was employed by the defendants from August 2008 until July 2011. Carroll claims HIMG terminated his employment three or four days after filing a Workers' Compensation claim in retaliation for filing the claim. Carroll is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-453
Estelle Johnson and David L. Johnson vs. Richard A. Patrick; Bimbo Bakeries USA Inc.; and Earthgrains of West Virginia d/b/a Heiner's Bakery
PA- James E. Spurlock; J- David M. Pancake
* On July 9, 2011, Estelle Johnson was operating a 2005 GMC Envoy when Patrick was operating a 1999 Chevrolet Delivery Truck during the course of his employment with the defendants. Patrick was negligent in failing to keep an Assured Clear Distance Ahead and struck Estelle Johnson's vehicle in the rear, the suit claims. The Johnsons are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-454
Nina A. Blackwelder Williamson and Natalie A. Blackwelder vs. Wade T. Blackwelder
PA- Jeffrey V. Mehalic; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Williamson is the daughter of Natalie Blackwelder and Wade Blackwelder, whose marriage ended in divorce in 1997. In December 2010, Williamson moved to North Carolina to live with her father and moved back in with her mother in Huntington in January 2011. While Williamson was living with her father, he filed for Social Security retirement benefits and dependents benefits and began receiving them. After Williamson returned to Huntington, Wade Blackwelder continued to receive and retain the benefits on Williamson's behalf until October, the suit claims. The plaintiffs are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-461
Amy Price vs. Michael L. Christy, individually and d/b/a GM Auto & Truck Repair; LKQ Corporation; and Does 1 through 50
PA- Mark F. Underwood, Patricia A. Jennings; J- David M. Pancake
* Price was the owner of a 1997 Toyota Tacoma truck and on July 17, 2011, she took the vehicle to GMATR with an interest in having the engine repaired or replaced. She claims since the engine was installed and completed, she has had to have the engine repaired numerous times. Price was seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-472
Nicole Stevens vs. Area Health Systems Inc. d/b/a Tri-State Medical Center; and Gregory Chaney, M.D.
PA- Sean W. Cook; J- Paul T. Farrell
* Stevens was hired as a medical assistant with Tri-State in 2011. She claims Chaney sexually harassed her and terminated her employment when she continued to refuse him. Stevens is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-479