Carolyn Holley, individually and on behalf of the Estate of Mitchell Holley; Richard M. Douglas Sr.; Sidney Farah; Ronald Ramsey and Barbara Ramsey; James Duncan; Henry L. James and Cynthia B. James; James R. Smith and Sharon Smith; William R. Payne; Raymond E. Plank; Donald Carlton Peters; Bonnie Cain, individually and on behalf of the Estate of Robert Cain; John Murphy; Herbert Ragusca; and Harlan Lee Tyler and Virginia Tyler vs. Takeda Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. f/k/a Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America Inc.; Takeda Pharmaceuticals America Inc.; Takeda Global Research & Development Center Inc.; Takeda California f/k/a Takeda San Diego Inc.; Takeda Pharmaceuticals International Inc.; Takeda Pharmaceuticals Company Limited; and Eli Lilly and Company
PA- Paul T. Farrell Jr., Bert Ketchum; J- James H. Young Jr.
* The plaintiffs claim they suffered bladder cancer and/or related injuries, illnesses and/or death after ingestion of Actos, which was advertised, analyzed, assembled, compounded, designed, developed, distributed, formulated, inspected, labeled, manufactured, marketed, packed, produced, promoted, processed, researched, sold and tested by the defendants. They are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-111, 13-C-112, 13-C-113, 13-C-114, 13-C-115, 13-C-116, 13-C-117, 13-C-118, 13-C-119, 13-C-120, 13-C-121, 13-C-122, 13-C-123, 13-C-124
Jerry Watts and Debbie Watts vs. the Huntington National Bank, Charles Davis and John Doe Holder
PA- Jennifer Wagner; J- Darrell M. Pratt
* The Wattses claim the defendants participated in predatory lending practices and caused them damages. The Wattses are seeking actual damages and civil penalties.
Case number: 13-C-126
Joyce Simpkins vs. Mardi Gras Casino
PA- Donald R. Jarrell; J- Darrell M. Pratt
* On June 26, 2011, Simpkins was a guest at the Mardi Gras Casino as a customer when she fell into the street as she stepped on the uneven/broken sidewalk and suffered injuries, she says. Simpkins is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-130
Oscar Varney vs. Norfolk Southern Railway Company
PA- Robert F. Daley, D. Aaron Rihn; J- James H. Young Jr.
* Varney was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma in February 2011. He claims the injury was caused by the defendant's negligence in failing to provide him with a reasonably safe place in which to work. Varney is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-135
Jefferds Corporation d/b/a Bobcat of Advantage Valley vs. Twin Silos at Lavalette LLC
PA- Ryan S. Marsteller; J- Darrell M. Pratt
* Jefferds provided equipment and rental services to the defendant from July 2012 until January in a series of transactions. It claims Twin Silons has failed and refused to pay for the equipment rental services provided. Jefferds is seeing damages in the amount of $13,719.23 with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-140