Frances Keeling vs. Jayco Corporation
PA- Steven S, Wolfe; J- Carrie Webster
* On June 29, 2012, a severe storm caused damage to Keeling's residence. She claims she noticed a leak on July 2, 2012, and by the following day, mold began to appear and spread rapidly. Hansford Cochran, the landlord, failed to promptly respond to the leak, the suit says. Keeling is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1282
Scarlet Hypes vs. Shorest 1450 LLC; Bobby Moss; Shorest 1104 LLC; Shorest 1107 LLC; Shorest 1120 LLC; Shorest 1114; Rory Smith; and Shorest 1423 LLC
PA- David R. Barney Jr., John W. Alderman III; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* Hypes was employed by Shorest 1450 to work as a waitress and to perform certain other tasks in the dining room and kitchen. She claims during her employment, she was sexually harassed by Moss. Hypes is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-1285
Joey Barnett vs. Employee Resource Group LLC and Greg Wolfe
PA- Kristina Thomas Whiteaker, David L. Grubb; J- Charles E. King
* Barnett began his employment with ERG in 2008 as a bartender. He claims he never received a raise he was supposed to receive and Wolfe sexually harassed him. Barnett is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1295
Hameed Farook vs. City of Charleston
PA- S. Brooks West II; J- Charles E. King
* On July 19, 2011, Farook was being transported by a Charleston Fire Department ambulance employee in a non-emergency situation with no emergency lights engaged when the employee failed to maintain control of the vehicle and rear-ended a vehicle in front of him, the suit says. Farook is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-1302
Chris Edward Sanders vs. Coal River Mining LLC
PA- Stephen B. Farmer, Matthew H. Nelson; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Sanders was hired in May 2011 as an underground miner for the defendant. He claims he was injured on Aug. 8, 2011, and was taken to the hospital. He claims his employment was terminated sometime after. Sanders is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-1319
Jessie Ann Foster vs. Couture Enterprises Inc. d/b/a Handi-Man-Car Wash II
PA- Brian L. Ooten, Peter A. Hendricks; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On July 21, 2011, Foster allegedly slipped and fell when she exited her vehicle on the defendant's premises. Foster is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1322
Andrae Lewis, individually and on behalf of all others similarly situated vs. IPI Inc.
PA- Frank X. Duff, Sandra K. Law; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Lewis was employed by IPI until May 19. He claims the defendant failed to pay his final wages in a timely manner. Lewis is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-1329