Samantha Meadows vs. Bob Evans Farms LLC; Charles Pennington; Christopher Powell; and John Doe, unknown person or persons
PA- Michael A. Woelfel, Matthew J. Woelfel; J- Paul T. Farrell
* Meadows was employed at Bob Evans and claims she was sexually harassed and sexually exploited by Pennington on store premises. Meadows claims the defendants retaliated against her for making complaints against Pennington. Meadows is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-580
Lance Herbert and Victoria Lynn Herbert vs. Wal-mart Stores Inc. and John Doe Manufacturer
PA- Paul E. Biser; J- David M. Pancake
* In fall 2011, Lance Herbert purchased a large 3mm choker collar for his 18-month old boxer. On Feb. 19, 2012, the boxer lunged and one of the rings on the choke collar failed, resulting in the collar to fly back, striking Lance Herbert in the left eye, he says. The Herberts are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-588
Rebecca Gardner vs. Workforce 2000 Staffing Inc. and Does 1-25
PA- J. Patrick L. Stephens; J- David M. Pancake
* Gardner was employed by Workforce and requested several days off to resolve health problems, including an abscessed tooth and red, burning eyes that had been injured by metal particles from a nearby machine shop, she says. She claims she made all of her requests for medically necessitated leave in a timely manner and in full compliance with the defendant's policies, but the defendant summarily denied all of her requests. Gardner is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-596
Carlos Crozier vs. Huntington Housing Corporation d/b/a the Huntington West Virginia Housing Authority
PA- Lynn Garnes; J- David M. Pancake
* On Aug. 25, 2011, maintenance personnel employed by the defendant were working on the door of Crozier's apartment. Rather than replacing the door, the maintenance personnel grinded the side of the door and left metal shavings in the entryway of the apartment, he says. When Crozier returned home, he was unaware of the metal shavings, some of which became embedded in his left foot and heel, he says. Crozier is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-607
Rhonda Carter vs. the City of Huntington
PA- Jon D. Hoover; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On Aug. 31, Carter was walking along a sidewalk of Ninth Avenue when she stumbled and fell due to an unseen rise in the concrete of the sidewalk, she says. Carter is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-618