Woman says Dome Bar & Grill caused food poisoning

By Kyla Asbury | Nov 6, 2013


CHARLESTON - A woman is suing Kuppel LLC after she claims she developed food poisoning after eating at its restaurant.

Kuppel is doing business as the Dome Bar & Grill.

On Nov. 5, 2011, Maryann P. Matheny was dining at the defendants restaurant and shortly after she ate, she became severely ill, according to a complaint filed Oct. 23 in Kanawha Circuit Court.

Matheny claims due to the defendant's negligence, she developed food poisoning and suffered injuries.

The defendant was negligent in its failure to maintain a safe environment for its customers and as a result of the defendant's negligent and careless conduct, Matheny sustained serious injury to her mind and body, according to the suit.

Matheny claims she suffered physical injury; medical expenses; mental anguish; pain and suffering; annoyance and inconvenience; and loss of earning capacity.

Matheny is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by G. Patrick Jacobs of the Law Office of G. Patrick Jacobs.

The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge James C. Stucky.

Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 13-C-1995

More News

The Record Network