FAYETTEVILLE – A Fayetteville woman says she was injured by hot coffee in a convenience store restaurant.
Gayle Ballard filed her lawsuit in Fayette Circuit Court against Little General Store Inc., doing business as Subway.
Ballard says she was visiting the Subway on Feb. 28, 2014, when she was told by an employee to get her coffee after the coffee machine had stopped brewing.
“In the midst of getting her coffee, the machine malfunctioned and the plaintiff was burnt by the extremely hot coffee,” the complaint states.
Ballard claims she suffered serious and permanent injuries to her hand and incurred medical expenses in excess of $193.67. She said she expects to incur future medical expenses. She also says she endured pain, suffering, mental anguish and emotional distress as well as a past and future diminished capacity to enjoy life. She seeks compensatory damages.
She is being represented by Fayetteville attorney Anthony M. Salvatore of Hewitt & Salvatore PLLC. The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Paul M. Blake Jr.
Fayette Circuit Court case number: 15-C-196