CHARLESTON — West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey has announced that a consumer representative from his office will conduct mobile office hours during October throughout four Metro Valley counties.
The representative will educate consumers on the latest scams in their area and provide them with tips on how to protect their personal information from scammers, according to a press release from the office.
Andrea Lannom, a consumer outreach and compliance specialist with the office, will host the mobile office hours, which are scheduled below:
* 11 a.m. to noon Oct. 5 at the Wayne Multipurpose Senior Citizens Center, 440 Cleveland St., Wayne;
* 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 5 at the Wayne County Courthouse, 700 Hendricks St., Wayne;
11 a.m. to noon Oct. 6 at the Riverside Public Library, 1 Warrior Way, Suite 104, Belle;
* 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Oct. 7 at the John Henson Senior Center, 2800 Putnam Ave., Hurricane;
* 11 a.m. to noon Oct. 13 at the Bison Senior Center, 330 Buffalo Creek Road, Kenova;
* 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Oct. 14 at the Cabell County Circuit Court, 750 Fifth Ave., Huntington;
* 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 14 at the Cabell County Public Library, 455 9th St., Huntington;
* Noon to 1 p.m. Oct. 15 at the Ft. Gay Multi-Purpose Center, 2222 Court St., Ft. Gay;
* 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Oct. 19 at the Fairfield Community Center, 2711 8th Ave., Huntington;
* 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Oct. 20 at the Kanawha County Courthouse, 409 Virginia St. E., Charleston;
* 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Oct. 21 at the Salt Rock Senior Center, 5490 Route 10, Salt Rock;
* 10 to 11 a.m. Oct. 27 at the Putnam County Courthouse, 3389 Winfield Rd. #2, Winfield
* 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Oct. 28 at the Buffalo Senior Center, 48 Wrights Ln., Buffalo
“Mobile office hours allow local consumers the opportunity to speak with a representative from our Office and learn more about scams, identity theft, and other consumer issues right in their hometown.” Morrisey said in a statement. “We encourage everyone to attend one of these monthly mobile office hour events to stay updated on the scams happening around the state.”
The mobile office hours are open to the public; reservations are not required.
For information about the mobile office hours, contact Lannom at 304-989-3506.