CHARLESTON — A consumer representative from West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey's office will conduct mobile office hours during November throughout four counties.
The office representative will educate consumers on the latest scams in their area and provide them with tips on how to protect their personal information.
Andrea Lannom, a consumer outreach and compliance specialist with the office, will host the mobile office hours, which are scheduled below:
* Nov. 3: 11 a.m. – Noon at the Putnam County Library, 4219 State Route 34, Hurricane
* Nov. 6: 11 a.m. – Noon at the Hometown Senior Center, 100 1st Avenue N., Hometown
* Nov 9: 11 a.m. – Noon at the Wayne Multi-Purpose Senior Center, 440 Cleveland Street, Wayne
* Nov. 9: 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. at the Wayne County Circuit Court, 707 Hendricks South Court Street, Wayne
* Nov. 10: 10 – 11 a.m. at the Putnam County Courthouse, 3389 Winfield Road #2, Winfield
* Nov. 12: 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. at the Riverside Library, 1 Warrior Way #104, Belle
* Nov. 16: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the Stepptown Senior Center, US Route 152, Stepptown
* Nov. 18: 10 – 11 a.m. at the Cabell County Courthouse, 750 5th Avenue, Huntington
* Nov. 18 1 – 2 p.m. at the Cabell County Library, 455 9th Street, Huntington
* Nov. 19: 10 – 11 a.m. at the Kanawha County Courthouse, 409 Virginia Street, East, Charleston
* Nov. 20: 10:15 - 11:15 a.m. at the Hansford Senior Center, 500 Washington Street, Saint Albans
* Nov. 23: 11 a.m. – Noon at the Ceredo-Kenova Public Library, 1200 Oak Street, Kenova
* Nov. 24: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the Milton Senior Center, 1032 Church Street, Milton
* Nov. 25: 10 – 11 a.m. at the Fairfield East Community Center, 2711 8th Avenue, Huntington
“Mobile office hours are a great way for consumers to speak with office representatives about specific concerns, prevalent scams or general questions.” Morrisey said in a statement. “We encourage people to take advantage of the opportunity to learn more about consumer protection issues affecting their areas and how they can help protect their personal information.”
The mobile office hours are open to the public; reservations are not required.
For information about the mobile office hours, contact Lannom at 304-989-3506304-989-3506.