CHARLESTON – A consumer representative from West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey's office will hold public events during March throughout Cabell, Kanawha, Putnam and Wayne counties.
The representative will educate consumers on the latest scams in their area, provide tips on how to guard their personal information and answer questions about consumer protection settlements.
Andrea Lannom, a consumer outreach and compliance specialist with the office, will host the events, which are listed below:
* March 4: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Bison Senior Center, 330 Buffalo Creek Rd., Kenova
* March 8: 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the George Washington High School Career Fair, 1522 Tennis Club Rd., Charleston
* March 9: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Nitro Senior Center, 301 21st St., Nitro
* March 10: 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. at the Kanawha County Courthouse, 401 Virginia St. E., Charleston
* March 11: 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Tiskelwah Senior Center, 600 Florida St., Charleston Free Credit Report Event
* March 22: 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Milton Senior Center, 1032 Church St., Milton
* March 23: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Underwood Senior Center, 632 9th Ave., Huntington
* March 25: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Buffalo Senior Center, 48 Wrights Lane, Buffalo Free Credit Event
* March 29: 11 a.m. – Noon at the John Henson Senior Center, 2800 Putnam Ave., Hurricane
“These events allow consumers to speak directly with representatives of our office to answer questions about anything from scams to consumer protection settlements,” Morrisey said. “Our goal is to remain an accessible and helpful resource for the consumers of West Virginia.”
The information sessions are open to the public; reservations are not required.
For information about the information sessions, contact Lannom at 304-989-3506.