Charleston woman says she got sick after eating at Chick-Fil-A

By Kyla Asbury | Apr 13, 2016

CHARLESTON – A Charleston woman is suing Chick-Fil-A after she claims she became ill after consuming food from the restaurant.

Alan Smith is doing business as Chick-Fil-A of Charleston Town Center.

On March 31, 2014, Ruth Lee Tyler purchased food from Chick-Fil-A in the Charleston Town Center and the food was contaminated, according to a complaint filed March 31 in Kanawha Circuit Court.

Tyler claims she became ill because of the contaminated food.

The defendant had a duty to provide safe and consumable food and failed to do so, according to the suit.

Tyler claims the food sold to her was done so with an implied warranty of merchantability and it was not merchantable, safe or consumable.

The defendant breached its implied warranty and caused the plaintiff to suffer severe injuries and damages, including physical and emotional injuries; medical expenses; pain and suffering; lost wages; and other damages, according to the suit.

Tyler is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by Timothy A. Bradford of Bradford Law Office.

The case is assigned to Circuit Judge James C. Stucky.

Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 16-C-463

Want to get notified whenever we write about Kanawha Circuit Court ?

Sign-up Next time we write about Kanawha Circuit Court, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Kanawha Circuit Court

More News

The Record Network