CHARLESTON — West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey's office has announced special flood relief mobile office visits for this week in Clay, Greenbrier, Jackson, Kanawha, Nicholas, Roane and Webster counties.
Consumer representatives from the office will be available to answer questions about sham charities, storm-related home repair/cleanup scams and what to do if they encounter price gouging violations.
“With interruptions in electric and phone services, these mobile office visits give residents easier access to our Consumer Protection Division to ask questions and voice concerns,” Morrisey said in a press release.
The mobile office hours also allow consumer representatives to help individuals impacted by the storm get routed to the appropriate governmental entity that can assist them.
The mobile office visits will take place at the following times and locations:
* July 1: 9 – 11 a.m. at the Flood Relief Distribution Center at Clay County High School, 1 Panther Dr., Clay
* June 29: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Flood Donation and Relief Center at Pizza Hut, 532 John Rain Dr., Rainelle
* June 29: 2 – 4 p.m. at the Flood Donation and Relief Center at City Center beside Old White Motor Service, 89 E. Main St., White Sulphur Springs
* June 30: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Flood Donation and Relief Center at Pizza Hut, 532 John Rain Dr., Rainelle
* June 30: 2 – 4 p.m. at the Flood Donation and Relief Center at City Center beside Old White Motor Service, 89 E. Main St., White Sulphur Springs
* June 29: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Ravenswood Plaza Shopping Center, 425 Washington St., Ravenswood
* June 29: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Smith’s Food Fair Parking Lot, US 119, Clendenin
* June 30: 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. at Poca Valley Bank, 7 Spencer Rd., Clendenin
* June 30: 10 a.m. – Noon at the Elk River Community Center, 1078 Main St., Elkview
* June 30: 1 – 3 p.m. at Elkview Baptist Church, 1150 Main St., Elkview
* June 29: 8 – 10 a.m. at the Red Roof Gymnasium Donation and Relief Center on Valley Ave., Richwood
* June 30: 8 – 10 a.m. at the Red Roof Gymnasium Donation and Relief Center on Valley Ave., Richwood
* June 30: 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the Roane County Committee on Aging (Cafeteria), 822 Madison Ave., Spencer
* July 1: 1 – 3 p.m. at the Town of Camden-On-Gauley Office, 9676 Webster Rd., Camden-On-Gauley
Anyone with questions or a potential violation are asked to call the Consumer Protection Division at 1-800-368-8808 or file a report online at www.wvago.gov.