Man claims he was badly burned by defective dryer

By Philip Gonzales | Jul 13, 2016

CHARLESTON — A man is suing Whirpool Corporation and John Doe Company, manufacturing companies, citing alleged failure to warn and insufficient measures taken to prevent injuries.

Joshua A. Mitchell filed a complaint on June 21 in Kanawha Circuit Court against the defendants, alleging that they failed to comply with manufacturing industry safety standards.

According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that on June 22, 2014, he was severely burned by a dryer designed, manufactured and serviced by the defendants, and claims his injuries resulted in physical pain and suffering, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages and loss of enjoyment of life. The plaintiff holds Whirpool Corporation and John Doe Company responsible because the defendants allegedly negligently designed, manufactured and distributed defective products.

The plaintiff requests a trial by jury and seeks judgment against the defendants for compensatory and punitive damages, plus interest, costs for this action, attorney fees and costs, and such other relief as the court deems just and proper. He is represented by Trent A. Redman and Michael D. Payne of Redman & Payne in Charleston.

Kanawha Circuit Court Case number 16-C-935

Want to get notified whenever we write about Kanawha Circuit Court ?

Sign-up Next time we write about Kanawha Circuit Court, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Kanawha Circuit Court

More News

The Record Network