Diane M. Stewart vs. Patricia D. Diprosperis
PA-Scott S. Blass; J-Recht
* The two parties were involved in an auto accident which Stewart claims was a direct result of carelessness, negligence, and recklessness on the part of Diprosperis. Stewart suffered injuries, some of which may be permanent in nature, and she has incurred medical expenses and costs for repairs to her vehicle. She seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-131
GE Money Bank vs. Michelle J. Harriman
PA-Kenneth G. Belt; J-Wilson
* Harriman owes GE Money Bank a debt of $829.36 plus 10% interest on a past due account. GE Money Bank seeks compensation for the total amount.
Case number: 06-C-132
City of Wheeling and The Wheeling/Ohio County Health Department vs. Larry T. Tighe
PA-Rosemary Humway-Warmth (City Solicitor); J-Gaughan
* The plaintiffs have filed a Petition for Injuctive Relief on the grounds that Tighe's property within the city limits of Wheeling is in deplorable condition and poses risks to the city and public health in general.
Case number: 06-C-133
Worldwide Asset Management LLC d/b/a Direct Merchants Bank vs. Defendant
PA-Paul S. Atkins; J-Wilson
* The defendant owes Worldwide Asset Management a debt of $6,594.03 plus $5.272.64 in interest for a combined sum of $11,866.67. Worldwide Asset Management seeks compensation for the total amount.
Case number: 06-C-134
Kenneth Gerald Winters and Charlene Winters vs. Coronet Foods, Inc. and Sheetz, Inc.
PA-Michael L. Soloman; J-Mazzone
* The Winters claim that upon purchasing and consuming a sandwich from Sheetz, Mrs. Winters became extremely ill and suffered great physical pain caused by tomatoes infected with salmonella. They also claim that they suffered great stress and emotional anguish. They seek compensation for medical costs incurred as well as for damages.
Case number: 06-C-135
Larry A. Clendennin and Tamela Clendennin vs. Coronet Foods, Inc. and Sheetz, Inc.
PA-Michael L. Soloman; J-Gaughan
* The Clendennins claim that upon purchasing and consuming a sandwich from Sheetz, they became extremely ill and suffered great physical pain caused by tomatoes infected with salmonella. They also claim that they suffered great stress and emotional anguish. They seek compensation for medical costs incurred as well as for damages.
Case number: 06-C-136
Branch Banking and Trust Company vs. Vicki L. Belton and Michael Belton
PA-Jeffery J. Gould; J-Wilson
* Belton owes Branch Banking and Trust Company a debt of $6,602.78 on a past due account. Branch Banking and Trust Company seeks compensation for that amount.
Case number: 06-C-137
Patricia J. Dougherty and Charles M. Dougherty vs. Irene E. Dow and Wheeling Island Gaming, Inc.
PA-Michael J. Olejasz; J-Recht
* The Doughertys were involved in an auto accident with Dow in which Dow collided into the side door of the Dougherty's parked car. This accident took place on Wheeling Island Gaming's parking lot. The Doughertys are suing Dow for recklessness and Wheeling Island Gaming for failing to keep a safe environment for its customers. They seek compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-138
Barbara J. McClinton vs. Wheeling Island Gaming, Inc.
PA-Mark A. Colantonio; J-Mazzone
* McClinton fell in the parking lot of Wheeling Island Gaming which she states was in bad condition. She is suing the company for injuries and medical expenses incurred as well as for failing to keep the area safe. She seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-139
Amy S. Wolfe and Charles Wolfe vs. Wheeling City Center Hotel, LLC d/b/a the Rio Lounge
PA-David A. Jividen; J-Gaughan
* While at the Rio Lounge in the Wheeling City Center Hotel, Amy Wolfe fell in a large pile of human vomit near the door of the restroom due to dim lighting and poor visibility. She suffered injuries and has incurred medical expenses and lost wages. The Wolfe's claim that the pile of vomit was that of underage high school students at the facility who were intoxicated and were continually served alcohol by the staff of the Wheeling City Center Hotel. The Wolfes seek compensatory damages in the combined amount of $300,000.00.
Case number: 06-C-140
- Marmet citizens file petition to remove mayor from office
- West Virginia committed to combating substance abuse
- A letter to Secretary Kerry
- Morrisey warns of credit, debit chip card email scam
- AG's office urges caution with online holiday shopping
- SDW Electric sued for allegedly unpaid debts
- Workers accuse Republic Energy of firing over safety complaints, age
- Beckley HVAC firm seeks restitution from Norco Construction for unpaid bills
- Repo man seeks possession of final paycheck
- Woman accuses Marion Co. Coal of discrimination, retaliation