BUCKHANNON - An Upshur County magistrate judge pleaded no contest to battery after he was accused of using his position to sexually abuse a woman.
Charlie McCourt, who has been suspended since April 2006, entered the plea March 27. He faces up to a year in jail and a $500 fine when he is sentenced May 23.
McCourt must also register as a sex offender for the next 10 years.
Authorities claim McCourt went to a motel room of a woman whose domestic violence case had been assigned to his court and told her he needed to see the bruises on her legs and breasts. He then allegedly touched her breasts and told her to keep the visit a secret.
The incident occurred in March 2006.
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published