BUCKHANNON - An Upshur County magistrate judge pleaded no contest to battery after he was accused of using his position to sexually abuse a woman.
Charlie McCourt, who has been suspended since April 2006, entered the plea March 27. He faces up to a year in jail and a $500 fine when he is sentenced May 23.
McCourt must also register as a sex offender for the next 10 years.
Authorities claim McCourt went to a motel room of a woman whose domestic violence case had been assigned to his court and told her he needed to see the bruises on her legs and breasts. He then allegedly touched her breasts and told her to keep the visit a secret.
The incident occurred in March 2006.
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall