MARTINSBURG - A Maryland construction company has says a Berkeley County woman hasn't paid for work the company did on her home.
Wise Construction, through their attorney Michael Scale, filed a suit March 13 in Berkeley Circuit Court against Patricia E. Hartle and the Huntington National Bank.
According to the lawsuit, Wise Construction filed a Mechanic's Lien on Hartle's real estate.
Wise remodeled Hartle's home after it was damaged by a fire. The company claims they are still owed nearly $35,000.
According to the suit, Wise believes Hartle received a payment from her insurance carrier to pay for remodeling fees.
Wise seeks $34,918, plus interest from November 2006.
The case has been assigned to Judge Gray Silver.
Berkeley Circuit Court case number 07-C-228
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall