MARTINSBURG - A Maryland construction company has says a Berkeley County woman hasn't paid for work the company did on her home.
Wise Construction, through their attorney Michael Scale, filed a suit March 13 in Berkeley Circuit Court against Patricia E. Hartle and the Huntington National Bank.
According to the lawsuit, Wise Construction filed a Mechanic's Lien on Hartle's real estate.
Wise remodeled Hartle's home after it was damaged by a fire. The company claims they are still owed nearly $35,000.
According to the suit, Wise believes Hartle received a payment from her insurance carrier to pay for remodeling fees.
Wise seeks $34,918, plus interest from November 2006.
The case has been assigned to Judge Gray Silver.
Berkeley Circuit Court case number 07-C-228
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit