MARTINSBURG - A Maryland construction company has says a Berkeley County woman hasn't paid for work the company did on her home.
Wise Construction, through their attorney Michael Scale, filed a suit March 13 in Berkeley Circuit Court against Patricia E. Hartle and the Huntington National Bank.
According to the lawsuit, Wise Construction filed a Mechanic's Lien on Hartle's real estate.
Wise remodeled Hartle's home after it was damaged by a fire. The company claims they are still owed nearly $35,000.
According to the suit, Wise believes Hartle received a payment from her insurance carrier to pay for remodeling fees.
Wise seeks $34,918, plus interest from November 2006.
The case has been assigned to Judge Gray Silver.
Berkeley Circuit Court case number 07-C-228
- W.Va, other states file reply in Clean Power Plan stay request
- Fighting disability fraud to protect Social Security
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy
- Justices: Board of review relied on misstatement, mischaracterization
- Man accuses John Skidmore Development of workers’ comp discrimination
- Police officer sues City of Kenova for forcing him to quit
- Woman accuses 3D Construction of discrimination, invasion of privacy
- Wayne Co. man sues Mountaineer Contractors for breach
- Woman says Nytis Exploration violated state code