CHARLESTON -- The West Virginia Bar Association is having a Employee Benefits Conference next month.
Sponsored by Steptoe & Johnson, the conference will take place Oct. 4 at the Charleston Marriott Town Center.
Eight CLE credits will be available.
Registration begins at 7 a.m., and a 10-minute welcome/introduction period is scheduled for 7:50 a.m.
The rest of the schedule is as follows:
* 8 a.m., IRC Section 409A by William C. Schmidt of IRS
* 9:45 a.m., IRS Audits of 401(k) and Other Qualified Plans by Cathy Jones and Stephen Detillian of the IRS
* 11:10 a.m., Plan Designs After the Pension Protection Act by Mark Dunbar of Dunbar, Bender, and Zapf
* 1 p.m, DOL '07 and '08 Initiatives Timeliness of Employee Contributions Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program by Normal Jackson of DOL
* 2:30 p.m., Investments and Fiduciary Responsibility After the Pension Protection Act by David McKinley of McKinley Investment Group
* 3 p.m., ERISA Litigation by Sara Hauptfuehrer of Steptoe & Johnson
* 4 p.m., Ethics in Employee Benefits by Kevin Wiggins of Steptoe & Johnson
For a registration form or for more information, go to http://wvbarassociation.org