WELLSBURG - A Brooke County man has filed a suit against the owners of a German Shepherd that attacked him.
Andrew George Campbell filed a suit in Brooke Circuit Court against Danny and Sandra Holladay.
The Holladays own a white German Shepherd, named Queenie. Campbell claims Queenie had been known to attack without provocation, and the Holladays knew the dog had attacked other people.
Campbell went to the Holladays' home June 10, 2007, and was attacked by the Queenie, suffering several injuries.
According to the suit, Campbell was forced to seek medical treatment and incur medical expenses.
The suit also says that Queenie's rabies vaccination was not current at the time of the attack. Campbell had to undergo "an extremely painful course of treatment" so as to safeguard or prevent his contracting rabies.
He has also suffered mental anguish, aggravation, inconvenience, the loss of enjoyment of life, the loss of the ability to function and past and future medical and other expenses.
Campbell seeks general and special damages from Danny and Sandra Holladay in an amount to be determined by the court.
Attorney M. Eric Frankovitch is representing Campbell.
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Forums allow a chance to interact with Business Court
- Justices say injury was not caused by accident at work
- State Supreme Court affirms Office of Judges decision
- Walker shares her conservative vision for state Supreme Court