WELLSBURG - A Brooke County man has filed a suit against the owners of a German Shepherd that attacked him.
Andrew George Campbell filed a suit in Brooke Circuit Court against Danny and Sandra Holladay.
The Holladays own a white German Shepherd, named Queenie. Campbell claims Queenie had been known to attack without provocation, and the Holladays knew the dog had attacked other people.
Campbell went to the Holladays' home June 10, 2007, and was attacked by the Queenie, suffering several injuries.
According to the suit, Campbell was forced to seek medical treatment and incur medical expenses.
The suit also says that Queenie's rabies vaccination was not current at the time of the attack. Campbell had to undergo "an extremely painful course of treatment" so as to safeguard or prevent his contracting rabies.
He has also suffered mental anguish, aggravation, inconvenience, the loss of enjoyment of life, the loss of the ability to function and past and future medical and other expenses.
Campbell seeks general and special damages from Danny and Sandra Holladay in an amount to be determined by the court.
Attorney M. Eric Frankovitch is representing Campbell.
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall