MARTINSBURG – A Berkeley County man has filed suit against a Jefferson County woman, alleging he was walking across the street when she hit him.
Jacob Bernard Sykes was walking north on the east sidewalk of S. Raleigh Street on Feb. 28, 2007, at about 9:46 a.m. and decided to cross W. South Street, according to the complaint filed Oct. 27 in Berkeley Circuit Court.
At the same time, Susan Lea Rudy was driving a 2003 Kia Optima south on S. Raleigh Street and, while in the midst of a left-hand turn, she struck Sykes, the suit states.
Sykes was injured and incurred medical expenses because of the incident, he claims.
Rudy was negligent because she failed to keep a proper lookout, failed to yield the right-of-way and failed to maintain control of her vehicle, according to the complaint.
Sykes is seeking a judgment of $100,000, plus prejudgment and post-judgment interest, attorney's fees, costs and other relief the court deems just.
Paul G. Taylor of the Law Offices of Paul G. Taylor in Martinsburg will be representing him.
Berkeley Circuit Court case number: 08-C-1286
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection