Dale Parsons vs. Wheeling Police Department
PA- Pro Se; J- Mazzone
* Parsons claims after paying a towing bill he was advised by Fleet there was a hold placed on the vehicle by Wheeling Police. Attempts to ascertain details have been unsuccessful and claimed they are personal since no citation or ticket has been received.
Case Number: 09-C-16
Tiffany Menas and Tiffany Menas, Next Friend of Alec McCauley, a minor, and Alec McCauley, in his own right vs. Donald Cordery and Jason Macri
PA- Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Wilson
* It is said that Cordery was involved in a collision on Sept. 4, 2008, at the intersection of 25th and Eoff Street, with a vehicle owned by Macri. Menas claims her vehicle was 'totally' destroyed and seeks judgment jointly and severally.
Case Number: 09-C-17
Wheeling Truck Center Inc. vs. Joseph Maxwell, and Advanced Financial Services of California Inc., Wheaton Van Lines Inc., and Melbourne- Eau Gallei Moving & Storage Company Inc. (d/b/a Florida Transfer & Storage) agent of Wheaton Van Lines Inc.
PA-J. Christopher Gardill; J- Gaughan
* Wheeling Truck incurred costs to establish the extent of engine damage of Maxwell's Volvo Truck. A storage lien is claimed along with satisfaction of a claim for $7,247.31. An Order is sought authorizing the sale of the vehicle to satisfy the claim.
Case Number: 09-C-20
WesBanco Bank, Inc. vs. John E. Dobias
PA- Robert A. Flaugher; J- Wilson
* A foreign judgment is filed that was obtained in Belmont County, Eastern Division, Bellaire, Ohio, on Apr. 27, 2005, for the sum of $6,253.06.
Case Number: 09-C-23
Jacqueline R. Olson vs. Aaron L. Gray
PA- Christopher M. Turak; J- Wilson
* Gray's alleged driving under the influence of alcohol is claimed for the collision that occurred on West 10th Street. Olson says her personal injuries suffered are permanent in nature and compensatory and punitive damages are sought.
Case Number: 09-C-24
Phillip Ewart vs. The Velota Company
PA- Ronald Wm Kasserman; J- Wilson
* Ewart's request for a ladder to climb scaffolding was denied. A direct and proximate result of this unsafe work condition is said the cause of his slip and fall which resulted in serious injuries.
Case Number: 09-C-25
Felix L. Mosley, III vs. Norfolk Southern Railway Company
PA- Robert F. Daley; J- Wilson
* It is claimed while during his employment, exposure to carcinogenic materials resulted in occupationally related lung disease, specifically asbestosis. A just jury award is demanded.
Case Number: 09-C-26
William J. Severe III vs. CSX Transportation Inc.
PA- Robert F. Daley; J- Recht
* Severe discovered he suffered from an occupational caused cumulative trauma disorder and claims medical expenses have incurred and will continue. $500,000 is sought for compensation for impaired general health and diminished earning capacity.
Case Number: 09-C-27
William B. Edge v. Dana L. Stocking
PA- Gerald G. Jacovetty, Jr.; J- Mazzone
* An automobile accident occurred on Jan. 29, 2007, on Wheeling Hill. It is said this collision is the result of Stocking driving under the influence of alcohol with failure to maintain proper control and lookout.
Case Number: 09-C-30
- Steptoe & Johnson names new Chief Information Officer
- Morrisey announces new additions to office staff
- Slip and fall accident leads to suit against local Walmart store
- Huntington nursing home abuse case removed to federal court
- Coal miner sues after allegedly suffering head injuries on job site
- Man accuses Southern Coal Corporation of wrongful termination
- Career employee charges Lowe’s with age discrimination in job loss
- WVU wrongful termination suit goes to federal court
- Ohio couple says Cook's Heating & Cooling breached contract
- Woman accuses welfare group, Goodwill of race discrimination