Danielle Jackson vs. Village of Bellaire, Ohio and Kurt Bolock
PA- Frank Cuomo; J- Mazzone
* A collision occurred at the intersection of Interstate 470E and W.Va.2 resulting in a loss of income of $11,880 and medical expenses of $11,792.84. Judgment by jury is demanded in excess of $25,000.
Case number: 09-C-108
Homer R. Maynard vs. CSX Transportation Inc.
PA- Gregory John Hannon; H. Keith Moore; J- Gaughan
* It is claimed during the scope of his employment, from September 2002 to the present, as a utility worker, he was exposed to occupation risk factors for carpal tunnel. On April 6, 2006, plaintiff was diagnosed with bilateral ulnar neuropathy which required surgery. Indefinite pain and suffering is claimed for the one million dollar judgment sought.
Case number: 09-C-109
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, as subrogee of Bonnie Lake v. Henry R. Kuhens
PA- Ryan S. Marsteller; J- Gaughan
* A collision occurred on May 18, 2007, on Cabela Drive and Fort Henry Road, which resulted in a subrogated amount of $12,271.70.
Case number: 09-C-110
Erie Insurance Group vs. Seth Logan Myers and Samarra Myers
PA- James G. Bordas; J- Mazzone
* At the intersection of Table Rock and Lake View, on Feb. 8, 2008, Seth Myers collided with Thomas Porter. Samarra Myers failed to maintain liability insurance. Erie has paid $22,654.61 to Thomas and Linda Porter and demand judgment for this amount.
Case number: 09-C-113
Tunnel Ridge, LLC vs. Elias Joseph
PA- John L. Allen; J- Recht
* It is claimed that the operation of track hoes and a dozer on defendant's property created a 20-foot trench on April 4, 2009. This conduct may contribute to a mine collapse and a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction order is refrain defendant from continuing to dig.
Case number: 09-C-116
Overlook Condominium Association Inc. vs. Jerry J. Simoncic
PA- Michael E. Hooper; Donald A. Nickerson, Jr.; J- Mazzone
* Contractual fees, from March 2009, are claimed for unpaid assessments of $1,247.34. Judgment is sought for this amount along with an Order of Attachment against the personal property of the defendant.
Case number: 09-C-121
Gregory E. Thomas and Crystal Thomas vs. Sandra M. Bodnar and John J. Corbett
PA- William A. Kolibash; J- Mazzone
* Gregory Thomas was walking on defendant's property within in the scope his employment with Comcast. He slipped on steps that were poorly constructed and defective. Compensatory damages are claimed.
Case number: 09-C-122
Verizon West Virginia v. B.K. Mining & Construction L.L.C.
PA- Diana Leigh Johnson; J- Wilson
* Verizon says B.K. Mining damaged an underground conduit system on April 9, 2007; failing to comply with state Code. This negligence, and failure to exercise due care, resulted in losses, expenses, and damages. Compensatory damages in excess of $18,000 are demanded.
Case number: 09-C-125
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note